Chapter 7

Yoongi struggles on his walk back to his dorm, feeling a little hung over and tired from an awkward night on the couch. He pulls his collar around his neck against the chill of the spring morning. He woke his brother up and stayed just long enough to hear him get in the shower before he left. Whatever is going on, he knows it isn't his business and that being in the middle of it won't make anything better.

He has so much to worry about in his own life right now. This distraction isn't helping him write anymore songs for the next album. He's got more press to do, more photo shoots, more events to be part of, he doesn't have time to keep his brother from screwing this up. In his rational mind, he knows all this is true, but in his heart, well his heart has its own ideas.

He comes in the door to the dorm to find it quiet, with most of the members still sleeping. He hears someone in the kitchen and he steps in to see Jungkook alone, making something to eat. The younger instinctively smiles up at him but frowns when he sees the state of him.

"What happened to you last night?" he asks concerned.

"I slept on the couch at my brothers. We had a bit too much Soju." He rubs his eyes. Jungkook nods understanding, even though he isn't of legal age and has no real idea what a night of 'too much Soju' feels like.

"Did things work out?" he asks tentatively. Yoongi looks up at him confused, studying his expression, trying to find his meaning.

"What? Between them? I don't know. Things still seem bad but neither of them are talking, to me or to each other I think." He takes a seat at the counter across from Jungkook.

"Who are you worried most for?" Yoongi thinks about the question for a long moment before he looks up at him.

"I'm not sure," he answers honestly.

"It's probably best if you don't get anymore involved," he says, telling him what he already knows and it angers him.

"You're the one who told me to talk to my brother!" he argues.

"Yeah, but that was before I knew what was going on with you, with her." Yoongi's eyes turn black and flash at Jungkook with the rising anger.

"What do you even know about it, you've never even had a proper girlfriend!" Jungkook nods.

"But I know what a crush is, and I know what it's like to want someone you can't have." Yoongi wants to be out from under the prying gaze of the maknae, and he brushes off his comment, turning to leave Jungkook alone in the room.

He shuts himself in the studio room and puts on his headphones. Music is always his answer to sort through whatever is troubling him. Listening to it, and writing it. Today he is happy to close his eyes and listen to a favorite track and get lost in other lyrics, other troubles.

He hears someone come in and he's about to get upset until he sees it's Namjoon. He shuts the door and sits down facing him. Yoongi wonders what he will say as he removes his headphones. Namjoon clears his throat.

"I want to know if I can help," he says, watching for his response. Yoongi looks at him blankly unsure what he knows.

"I'm sorry I've been a little preoccupied lately," is all he wants to offer to him.

"It's more than that, I know you're having some trouble writing, and it's probably frustrating you, but I don't think spending more time away from the rest of us is helping you." He leans in closer to judge how his words might be taken.

"When I was a trainee I wrote 16 bars a day, it was as though I couldn't get it out of me fast enough." He sighs and looks up at Namjoon who seems to understand just what he's thinking. "I have had some difficulty lately, not sure of what I'm writing. The second album is harder than the first," he explains.

It is true, maybe this fixation with Yumi rearing up again is a way to not deal with his worries about the second album. Namjoon doesn't say any of this to Yoongi, but he still has a way of saying what needs to be said, leading people to the conclusion he wants them to be at, without them even realizing.

"I'll stick to the schedule and the studio from now on. I won't go to my brothers." As he says the words they stick in his throat, but he knows it's for the best.

"Play me what you were working on yesterday?" Namjoon settles back and waits for Yoongi to scroll through clips of tracks he worked on over the last few days. He has a good ear, and it's always helped Yoongi to get his feedback early on. He queues up a bit of a track and starts to play it. Hoseok comes into the studio, full of smiles.

"I heard this yesterday, it sounds good, what are you calling it?"

"I have this idea in my head it should be called '24/7," he says looking to see the reaction.  Hoseok smiles as he hears the music and begins moving up and down almost in a low bounce.

"Do you have lyrics?"

"Here." He pushes a graph paper note pad towards Namjoon and Hoseok and they begin looking over the lyrics as the music repeats. "It's just a rough outline of a song really, but I feel the flow pretty clearly." He nods his head to the scratch audio he's recorded. Namjoon smiles up at him.

"I can work with this." He smiles. "Let's get to it." Hoseok sits down with them, knowing they have a long day of writing and bouncing ideas off one another ahead of them.