Chapyer 23, "New Years Day"

The next day in the afternoon.

Jaydas POV (This whole chapter is her POV)

"Babe, are you nervous?"

"Not as much as you are," he grinned.

"You're right. It's going to be okay."

"Yes it is. Now can we finally go in?"

I nodded my head as we got out the car. We slowly walked up to my parents door. I was hesitant to ring the doorbell so Harry did it for me. It took my Mom no time to answer.

"Happy New Years," she smiled. A smile I've never seen before.

"Hi mom," I hugged.

Harry reached his hand out, "Hi I'm Harry."

"Nice to meet you," she said, shaking his hand.

"Why don't you both come in, we're just about to eat."

We followed her lead into the kitchen where I found my dad and my brothers. Harry introduced himself to them all while Josh almost fainted at the sight of Harry. My dad kept a serious look the whole time which made me annoyed.

We sat at the table as my mom placed all the food around the table.

"I'll say grace," Josh volunteered.

"Heavenly Father, we thank you for seeing a new year and being able to share it with family. We thank Walmart and not mom for this food and I personally thank Jayda for bringing Harry Styles here, in lord name we pray amen," he grinned.

Everyone gave him a weird look before we started digging in. Harry wanted to try a bit of everything, but he insisted on eating the peas first.

"So Jayda how are things in school?" My mom asked.

"Things are good, grades are okay."

"Okay?"

"Yep," I said eating a mouthful of Mac and Cheese.

"You wouldn't be getting distracted would you?" She said, looking up from her plate.

"Really mom, please don't start."

"I just want what's best for you and that doesn't include getting distracted."

"Yeah? Well everything's great in my life, leave it alone," I sighed.

"Jayda watch you tone," my father spoke.

I scoffed.

"Yeah chill off the attitude Jayda," Jake said.

I annoying rolled my eyes, I didn't even want to eat anymore, they've found a way to ruin my appetite in less than two minutes.

Harry grabbed my hand under the table making me smile, which my mother apparently noticed.

"So Harry why are you with my daughter?" She asked.

"Urm, well she's amazing and I love her."

"You love her?"

"Of course, what's not to love," he smiled.

My mother scoffed, "And Jayda I suppose you love him too?"

"Yes mom, I do."

Jake let out a loud sigh whilst my dad started chuckling.

"Honey you're 17, you don't know anything about love especially if it's love from someone way above you," my dad said.

"Above me?" I laughed. "What's that supposed to mean huh dad?"

"I'm not above anybody, I'm a person just like everyone else," Harry said kindly.