Chapter 32, "Forgiving"

Jayda's POV

"Hi mom," I said awkwardly.

Harry kindly moved to my other side, so my mom could take a seat near me.

"Jayda, I'm so sorry about how we ended things. I realized you were right about this one. I'm just so protective over you because-"

"Mom, it's okay. I understand."

She hugged me lovingly, but I just wanted to be alone with Harry right now.

"Okay. I just needed to check on you. I'll leave you to see the rest of the boys."

"Thanks mom. You'll be right outside?"

My anxiety began to start.

"I just...I don't want to be alone."

"Yes love, I'll be right outside. Plus, the boys are here as well. You're safe okay? All these doctors are here," she reassured.

Harry's POV

The rest of boys came in to say hi and show their support. Finally, it was just us two.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this," she whispered.

"Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault. Jayda, I'm worried about you. Did you really mean what you said?"

"Harry I... I'm just tired of the world turning on me. I love you so much and you know this, but I don't want to feel like being with you is going to continue to cause pain."

I looked to the ceiling. She grabbed my hand. She way crying now.

"You know I love you right?"

I kept looking at the ceiling.

"Harry?" she begged.

"Yes. I know."

"I love you with everything in me. I'm sorry for saying that okay? I just don't want to be alone anymore. I don't feel safe."

I laid next to her, holding her in my arms.

"And you won't be. Never again. Not unless you're ready. I love you too and I don't know what I would do without you."

I held her for the rest of the night. I watched as she fell asleep in my arms. I kissed her on the forehead and got up. I went to check on the boys and her mom.

"How is she?" Louis asked.

"She's traumatized. We just all have to be here for her."

"We will be. All of us." I could tell he meant it.

I walked over to her mom.

"Should I take you home?"

"No, no it's fine. You need to stay here."

"I'll take her home," Louis suggested, "the rest of the boys are tired so she can stay with us tonight. If that's okay with you mama Matthews."

"Of course. Thank you Louis, you're too kind."

"Okay, be safe. I'll text you if I need you."

I watched as the exited to the building. I hurried back towards Jayda. I didn't want her to wake up and lose it.

I began to doze off when she began shaking in my arms.

"No, please stop. Don't hurt me!" she whispered in fear.

"Jayda, Jayda."

"Please stop!"

"Jayda, wake up."

She finally woke up. Tears filled her eyes as she held on tightly to me.

"Harry?"

"Yes. It's me. I'm here okay?"

"Thank god. Harry I need to tell you something."

"What is it? Do you need anything?"

"No. Harry he...he raped me," she cried.

I swear. It felt like my lungs collapsed. Anger began to fill my veins.

"Harry?"

I hugged her even tighter.

"Harry I'm so sorry. I tried to stop him I swear," she cried harder.

"I know. It's okay. You're with me now."

I kissed her on her forehead to calm her. Just thinking about another man having their way with her pissed me off.

Gathered in my thoughts, I looked down to see Jayda and she was fast asleep.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, "I'm here now, and I will never leave your side again. That's a promise my love. I love you so much. Goodnight."

The next morning....

"Harry, Harry," I heard Jayda whisper.

I rubbed my eyes trying to wake up.

"Yes what is it love?"

"Harry. Wake up, we have company," she laughed.

Jeez. I miss that sound.

I looked up to find the boys and Mrs. Matthews standing at the edge of the bed.

"Sorry. Good morning, how long was I out?"

"We got here an hour ago mate. Jayda wanted to let you rest," Louis chuckled.

"My bad. I didn't realize how tired I was."

"It's okay. You've been looking after me all this time. You should be," Jayda said, kissing me on my cheek.

I blushed. Everyone was staring at us, so I got up to stretch my legs.

"So, what's going on?" I asked yawning.

"What's going on is that you need to go home and take a shower and change your clothes," Mrs. Matthews laughed.

The boys joined in.

"Why I see everyone is well rested and back to themselves," I teased.

"Don't take offense H. They're right. You deserve to go get cleaned up. I'll still be here," Jayda joked.

"If y'all insist," I said walking towards the door.

"Don't worry mate, we won't steal her away from you," Zayn said, trying to make a joke.

It would've been funny coming from anyone else but him.

"Here lad, take the keys," Niall said passing the keys.

"Thanks guys. I'll be back."