24

Astera's reflection was clear but her sight was quite foggy. Her eyes glimmered with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes as she stared at herself. The dress was perfect around her body, as if it was made especially for her. Her hair was against her back, a few front pieces framing her face as some were pulled back, held against her head by a moon clip.

She used the back of her hand to wipe her tears away, smiling to herself. She wished she could stare at the Mirror of Erised to see her parents beside her. She wished they could see how far she had come. And how far she'd go.

Her head turned to see that she should leave her tower soon, not wanting to be late even by a minute. She pet her cat once more and left the tower, her shoes making slight noise in the dark corridors. But when she reached the end of the stairs, Astera realized she had no idea where to go.

Taking a guess, she walked the halls in hopes of finding or bumping into Draco. When she had no luck, she almost gave up. Until, at the corner of her eye, she saw the same light once again. The light lit up her face, twirling itself around her and catching a strand of her hair, dropping then.

Astera moved quick as she followed the light, her feet almost growing tired. She wished Draco would've been more specific, but it was in his nature to be so mysterious and odd. She stopped when the light disappeared in front of a blank wall, knowing well which room it was. The doors formed and opened for her, darkness greeting her and a huff of air blew against her back.

"Draco?" she called out for him, regretting not taking her wand with her. The room remained dark but her eyes were able to notice no such objects anymore. They were pushed against the walls and some were even gone.

She took a step forward and the room lit up. She was right; the objects were cleared out of her way. Behind a tall cabinet, her eyes were welcomed with the dark suit around Draco's body. His usual one. He had grown out of the one he wore in his fourth year, making it impossible to even button it up.

Draco's eyes were swirling with a grey ocean around his dark pupils, watching every inch of her body and face, analysing it to his taste. He approached her, a neutral look on his face as his hands rested in his pockets. He noticed her dress, watching it compliment every curve and inch of her body. He watched her wavy hair fall against her shoulder like smooth water.

"Hi." she said when he was close enough.

"Hello."

The two stared at each other, taking in the other's presence and look, as if it would be the last night they'd spend together.

"I thought you said you didn't have a dress."

"I thought you didn't pay attention to my sob stories."

Draco smirked, "Clever."

He nodded his head towards a corner in the room, letting her trail after him as his long legs were faster than hers. The two reached a small table with a record player on it, a few records displayed next to it.

"These were the only ones I could find. I thought this room would be filled with them," Draco said, afraid she won't be as pleased as he hoped she would be.

"That's alright," her hands picked a few up, searching to find the perfect one, "I got one," she said smiling.

Draco took it out of her hand, placing it in the record player and adjusting the volume. His ears picked up the song, recognizing it after a few seconds.

He turned to Astera as she waited by his side, "So, what now?" she asked.

Draco hesitantly lifted his hand up, his cold silver rings lining his slender fingers, "Now, I ask you to dance."

Astera put her hand in his, noticing the slight difference in size. Her hands felt warm against his skin and were much softer unlike his rough ones. His fingers curled around her palm, taking her to the middle of the room.

"Put your hand here," his other hand wrapped around her wrist, guiding it to his shoulder. He placed it on him, stepping in closer, "this hand stays in mine, and I go here."

Her eyes watched him intently, feeling his palm on her waist. She felt a slight tug in her heart strings, not being familiar with such human touch. Draco guided her as he swayed her to the rhythm of the music. She watched his feet and tried to copy him, understanding the moves and steps quickly.

"Now let go and spin out," he said, letting her spin out, "and come back." she spun back to him, her back gently hitting his chest. His hands held hers, letting his head lay above the crook of her neck. His eyes closed as he inhaled her perfume, feeling his senses calm yet tingle.

Astera's body felt like it was burning. Her mind wasn't occupied with her task, or her studies, or the curiosity around wandless magic. She let herself sway with Draco, feeling his hands in hers and hearing his breaths whilst his heart beated against her back.

He turned her around slowly, looking at her eyes with such emotion, she swore she saw happiness.

And when the season's change, will you stand my me? Cause I'm a young man built to fall...

Draco's ears picked up the last verse of the song, knowing damn well it will be stuck in his head on repeat for a while. She saw his eyes shift around her face, dancing like bees around flowers in spring.

The two almost didn't hear the song end, standing like before and staring at one another. It was like they had never met before, like Draco couldn't get enough of her and she couldn't believe her eyes. She had never danced with a boy or let him spin her around as her dress twirled like it did with him. She had never dance like she did with him.

"You caught on quick," Draco said, dropping his hand from her waist, making the spot on her body turn cold from the loss of touch, "I could've sworn you would have turned my shoes grey by now."

Astera laughed quietly, dropping her hand from his, "I'm disappointed that you see me that way, Malfoy."

He tilted his head, "Really?" he asked, receiving a nod, "Then you have no idea how I see you, Lilith."