Chapter 16

Third person view

Loran uses his Mobilium Song, creating a portal that takes us to Mendoria. Val had offered to let the Knights of Ardonia stay there, as they had built plenty of rooms for Val's students during the past 50 years, so the Knights had a place to stay for the time being.

' Hey, do you know where Kaeleon Nestoris is?' Lora asks a Sendaris who walks past them, along with a Voltaris and a Kaltaris.

' Who again?' the Sendaris asks. It is Vartis. Diana and Evan are behind him.

' I think she's referring to the Tidesinger’s son…' Diana says to him.

' Yeah, that's him!' Lora says.

' Well, I think he's in the north of the village,' Vartis tells her.

' Thanks,' Lora says. And with that, the four of them walk off.

' I wonder why the three Voltaris' markings look so familiar…' Evan murmurs.

' Have you seen them before?' Vartis asks curiously.

' I don't know. Their markings kind of match someone I know in Kaltaria…'

' But they are Voltaris,' Diana reminds him.

' I don't know… I haven't been home in a while, so maybe I got it wrong…'

~*~

Lora, Loris, Loran and Aldora reach the north of the village.

' You're back?' Natalie's voice startles Lora. They spot Natalie sharpening her iron longsword. ' Wait, Aldora? What are you doing here?'

' Pythus sent me to find you guys. I still have no idea what's going on here, but I'm glad you're safe.'

Natalie looks behind them, and sees Loran. ' You have another brother?' she asks, noticing Loran had similar markings to them.

' This is Loran,' Lora tells her, ' We got captured, and he helped us escape.'

' So he's also part of your resistance?'

' Not… exactly…' Lora says.

' Since you got captured, I take it it's not safe enough for us to return to our dimension?' Natalie guesses.

' No, it's not.'

Natalie sighs, ' This is becoming more troublesome than it was intended to be. Cassian is so getting it from Pythus and Amethyst.'

' About Amethyst…' Aldora begins.

Natalie is silent for a moment, having a bad feeling about this, ' What happened?'

' The Voltaris found the portal, and attacked the End. Amethyst is… Relina stabbed her from the back when she was trying to save me from falling into the void…'

Natalie looks away, then quietly says,
' I guess we have to go and tell the others… I'll fill you in on what happened on our side later.'

' Wait, Amethyst is dead?' Lora whips around to face Loran.

' I thought you'd heard by now,' Loran says, ' Anyway, I'm just gonna go for a  walk.'

' Don't get into any trouble,' Loris tells him.

' Yeah, yeah,' Loran says, then leaves.

~*~

Keiran's p.o.v

I go on a morning stroll in the outskirts of the village. The sun rises in the horizon, and the dark black sky slowly fades into a shade of orange.

I had been planning to leave this afternoon, so this might be the last time in a while I see the sun rise on Sendaria. The place where I grew up. My home.

The memories of my childhood flood into my mind. All the fun times the three of us had together. Those were simpler times. When we were young and clueless about the dangers lying in the outside world.

The sound of footsteps on the grass interrupt my thoughts. I immediately turn around, drawing out my sword, then realise it's Vanda.

' I go back to our base of operations, and what do I find? Marvolo still alive.'

' I didn't get the chance to kill him,' I tell her, keeping my sword, ' Why are you here?'

' His next mission is in Oakendale. Has to steal from some old man with some precious stuff.'

' Do you hate him that much?' I ask.

' Hey, I'm helping you out.'

' What do you even have to gain from this?'

' We're rivals.'

' Because Marvolo seemed prepared to face me that time.'

' That guy is full of surprises,' she says, ' So do you accept or not?'

I think for a moment. This could be another trap. And I don't think I'll be as lucky as last time.

But this also means Marvolo will most likely be there.

' Okay then, when?'

' He's expected to be there three days later. Kill him properly this time,' she says, then walks off, ' You might want to get prepared as soon as possible.'

~*~

Nalla's p.o.v

' Sister, a few days ago, someone from Mendoria asked for a new sword. I've finished it, can you deliver it to Mendoria?'

I nod, taking the iron sword, ' Sure, anything else you need while I'm out?'

' There's nothing else.'

' Okay, I shall be off.'

~*~

Third person view

Back in Mendoria, Loran is alone at the rocky shores, writing on a piece of paper. After he finishes, he rolls it up, then uses his Mobilium Song to open up a portal, and tosses the message through before closing the portal.

He gets up, and heads back towards the village.

~*~

Relina is standing in her cave, looking at the view when a portal opens up beside her, and a roll of paper comes through.

Relina catches the paper, and unrolls it. After a moment, she calls out,
' Guards, go get someone to check out Ataraxia.'