Chapter 27

/A/N/ This was originally going to be 29 chapters, but after I had written everything, it was all just too short. Even the final fight barely made it past 1K words because I write fight scenes much shorter now compared to the time I made my notes, so I had thought I could put it in a chapter of its own. So I kinda merged Chapter 27 and 28 together... And it might be a little messy with too much going on...

Third person view

Some Voltaris are pacing about the cave in panic and frustration. One of them glares at Zenon's dead body which they had dragged into the cave. He had given their location away, and as much as they wanted to leave at once, they had to wait for Relina's return, which they hope is anytime soon.

Finally, the markings they had long awaited to see entered the cave. But the sight of Voltaris behind Relina shocks them all. Lorina glances around the cave, looking unimpressed, ' This is all you have left?'

' Why else would I need your help?' Relina hisses. The Voltaris master looks at them, immediately sensing something is wrong. She spots Zenon's corpse. ' What happened?'

' Zenon gave our location away,' the one who threw the staff answers, his voice shaking, slightly afraid, knowing her relationship with Zenon, ' I had to kill him.'

Relina growls in annoyance, ' Good riddance... now we need to move...'

Before any of them can prepare to leave however, they hear a roar from outside. All of them know what that meant. ' Enderknights...' Lorina stated the obvious. Relina is frustrated at first, but then, a sly grin makes its way to her face, ' Actually... that might be a good thing...'

~*~

Having seen the beam of light, Amethyst, who is paired with Darren, rides her dragon there to investigate. As the dragons land, she draws out the Enderblade, reminding her fellow Enderknight, ' If we see any Voltaris, you return to your dragon and get help while I hold them off.' Darren nods.

The two of them slowly make their way through the snow, and notice footsteps. Two had wandered around here recently, but she couldn't be sure if it was really who they were looking for. ' Let's keep search-' she hears movement, and tenses up. She inches closer to Darren, who is frozen in place, eyes darting around for the one who made the sounds.

Suddenly, they hear a Song. Amethyst whirls around, her Enderblade meeting a flaming diamond broadsword, sparks flying at the contact of their blades. Relina's other hand thrusts Voltar forward, but Darren backs Amethyst up by holding one of his pickaxes in front of the staff, blocking it from reaching Amethyst.

Relina takes a step back, summoning Mobilicurrent to knock them off balance, but their obsidian armour is heavy enough to anchor them in place. The sudden rush of golden lights blind them though, giving Relina a chance to land a hit, and the armour flickers. The Voltaris master is already familiar with how their armour works. As long as she lands enough hits to deactivate it, the Enderknights would be left defenseless.

The moment Amethyst feels the hit on her waist, she spins around, slashing at Relina, who blocks it with Protepoint, but Darren follows up by throwing a pickaxe at her. The force of two weapons shatters the shield, and Amethyst is about to strike again, only for her blade to be stopped by a pole.

The Enderqueen looks up to see Lorina, who pulls the pole up, making her stumble backwards. Lorina summons her Aggressium Song, a red blade forming on both ends of her pole, turning it into a double-edged staff. She attacks in quick succession, Amethyst unable to dodge them all and her armour flickering twice.

Darren is about to help Amethyst, only to be blasted away by Relina's Aggressium Song, his own armour having taken a hit. Darren then recalls what Amethyst had told him earlier, and as much as he was hesitant, he makes a beeline for his dragon. Unfortunately, Relina is not letting him get away. She uses Mobilileap, landing with a roll in front of him and starts exchanging blows with the Enderknight. Unlike Amethyst, Darren is slower to parry her attacks, making it easier for Relina. Soon enough, his armour deactivates, and Relina knocks him out cold.