Chapter 17

/A/N/ How many months has it been since I last updated this? 3?

Sorry, I've been very busy lately. I've also been writing another story (Not fanfiction) and losing interest in this fanfic. I may only update it once in a very long time now, but I hope I can at least finish what I started.

Keiran's p.o.v

It's in the middle of the night, when the noise of the door creaking wakes me up. I slowly sit up as the sounds of someone walking on wooden planks echoes through the room.

I've been staying in this inn in Oakendale for a day already, it's about time Marvolo is here. But if he is here, that means that this is all a trap. Not surprising considering Vanda is an Unyielding Legionnaire as well.

I reach for my sword on the table, when suddenly someone busts open the room door. A mask covered half his face, but I could tell it wasn't Marvolo from the hair. He is an Unyielding Legionnaire though, as he is wearing their uniform.

He slashes his iron sword at me, which I lean to the side to avoid. I then grab his right arm which he uses to hold his sword, and flip him over, slamming him onto the floor.

I then hear the sound of glass breaking. An ambush. I need to get out of here.

I take the iron sword and my own, heading for the door, but another Unyielding Legion busting through the window blocks my way.

He sweeps his spear at me, hitting my waist, but I use my Aggressium Song, blasting him and the wall, leaving a giant hole.

I guess I'll need to apologise to the innkeeper later.

I jump through the hole, landing on the streets next to the Unyielding Legionnaire earlier who's now lying on the ground. The streets are thankfully empty as it is late in the night.

I get back on my feet, and take off. I look back for a moment to see the Unyielding Legionnaires looking through the hole I made in the wall, but they aren't giving chase.

Guess that's what I get for interfering with their plans too much.

I sprint as fast as I can through the streets, and stop at the beacon in the middle of the city to catch my breath.

' Looking for me?' a voice catches my attention. I look to the side to see Marvolo leaning on a wall not too far away.

' You and Vanda aren't rivals, aren't you?'

' I wasn't lying when I said that,' Vanda says, walking out of another street.

' We decided to form a temporary alliance,' Marvolo tells me.

' More like we were forced to,' Vanda corrects him, ' But the reward was tempting enough.'

' Good luck with that,' I say, then fire my Protisium Song at her, freezing her feet to the ground.

Marvolo draws out his katanas, and darts in my direction. I use both the iron sword from the Unyielding Legionnaire earlier and my own to deflect all his attacks, and finish off with a blast of my Aggressium Song.

An arrow flies past my face, coming from Vanda. I hadn't taken the time to find out what weapon she was using, freezing her in place isn't that effective if she's using a bow.

I take the iron sword, aim, and throw it towards her. I successfully cut her left arm, unfortunately, she uses her right one to notch her arrows. Just great.

I'm so occupied with Vanda, I didn't notice Marvolo coming from behind me. He grabs me, lifting me and slamming me onto the hard and cold stone floor.