Chapter Twenty-one

The bridal car stops right in front of the peak of seashore.

Ivory, the bride's maid help me on getting out from the car. My heart is beating so fast. Hindi ko alam pero kinakabahan ako. My stomach begun to felt trembling when I saw the people gathered for this event.

Kendric's relatives both from mother and fathers side are present. My relatives from both my parents are here too.

Naiiyak ako. Hindi ko alam pero parang may mali. Pakiramdam ko ang pagtapak sa buhangin dito ay napakalaking mali. And probably marrying Kendric will be my greatest mistake.

My eyes are blurry because of the tears that warns me to fall.

"You are beautiful ate." Ivory whispered while fixing the belo on my head.

"Avery...my Avery." Sad smile is plastered on my parents face. They are aware of my pregnancy. Even Kendric's parents. I thought aayaw na ang mga Guillermo ng mag set si Kendric ng family dinner. His parents was so dumbfounded. It was the happiest reaction for me though, because deep inside me I know I don't want to marry him. I don't like him.

"You are so beautiful." Mommy whispered and held my hand.

"Thanks mum."

"Until now I am sorry for everything that happened in your life Avery. I am your father but I can't give you the happiness I know you wanted." That said with a tears in his face.

"D-dad, you don't need to be sorry. I am here because I want this."

"You want this because I love the company. I knew that Avery." I sighed.

"Dad... It's okay." I said and tears fell on my eyes.

Suminghot ako.

"My grand child deserve to meet his father Avery."

"Hindi ko po ito itatago dad. I just want to end the deal between the Guillermo's."

Daddy shook his head vigorously. Hindi ko alam pero kinakabahan ako. Hinawakan niya ang mga balikat ko.

"I love you so much Avery and I want what's the best for you. I am giving you the freedom to run from this marriage. I am letting you decide on your own. Pero ang gusto ko piliin mo kung ano ang gusto mo. Piliin mo kung saan ka sasaya." I touched my daddy's face and hug him.

"Mr. Mercado, let's start the wedding?" Tanong ng organizer. Napalinga ako sa harapan. Kendric is looking at me with a big smile on his lips. I'm sorry Kendric, I don't want that smile to fade but I can't afford to lose my smile too forever.

"Dad, I'm running." I said and wipe the tears in my eyes.

"I knew it. I love you ija, mag-ingat ka buntis ka pa naman." Dad said and kissed my head.

Bumaling si daddy sa organizer na mukhang nalilito. Kanina pa kasi kami nag-uusap usap.

"Miss Lucero, there's no wedding to start." Aniya, bumaling saakin ang organizer at ngumiti ako sa kaniya habang tinatanggal ko ang belo. The ladies ahead of us was looking at us too. Ivory is smiling at me na mukhang nakukuha ang kaganapan.

All the guests who are seating on the seats place on the seashore was looking at me.

"Thanks daddy, mommy! I love you!" I said at hinawakan ang gown ko. I looked again at all of them and then I run. I run away from the unwanted marriage. I run away from the person who would take away my true happiness.

I run way for my baby. For my self. And for my happiness.

I heard everything shouted including Amber and Zia. Also the Guillermo's. But what flattered my heart is what Kendric have shouted.

"Run free Avery! Take care of your self!" I heard him say before my tears run down my cheeks.

Thank you Kendric, you are the best.

"WHAT WAS THAT POLINA? BENJAMIN?" nanlilisik ang mga matang tanong ng mommy ni Kendric.

Nagkakagulo sa seashore at lahat ng bisita ay nagulantang. Kaniya-kaniya silang osyoso kung ano ang nangyari.

"I am deeply sorry but our Avery have made up her mind. She doesn't want to marry Kendric." Polina said.

"What?! We have invested so much in your company! Hindi pwedeng baliwalain nalang lahat! My God!" Saad nito.

"Mom, dad." Dumating si Kendric na nakangiti.

"And what was that Kendric? You just let me her run huh? Malaki ang nagasta natin sa kasal na ito! Kung ayaw na naman pala sana ni Avery hindi na sana siya pumayag!" Naghehesterikal na saad nito.

Kendric caress her back.

"Mom, Avery loves someone else. Hindi natin siya pwedeng pilitin. Isa pa, she's pregnant with the child to her love. Avery is an amazing woman mom and she deserves the best." Ani ni Kendric.

"Paano ka Kendric? Paano ka?!" Galit parin nitong tanong. Kumibit balikat lang si Kendric.

"Mr. and Mrs. Guillermo, we will do our very best to pay you damages. We will talk to our attorneys and--"

"No Tito, it's fine. Hindi po naiiba si Avery saakin. I know she will be united with Ilustre and Ilustre will help. Alam kong kaya niyong bayaran but I insisted tito, tita. It's fine."

Walang nagawa ang dalawang mag-asawa kundi talikuran sila. They walk towards the guests and say sorry to them. Halos lumubog sa hiya ang magulang ni Avery. Lalo't lahat ng mga kamag-anak ng Guillermo ay nakatingin sa kanila.

Habang ang mga kamag-anak nila ay nagtatanong kung anong nangyari. They both gave them smiles and thank them.

Meanwhile, Amber and Zia run towards Avery. They help her escaped and asks her where she wanted to go.

"Have you heard the news Alexander?" Nakapamaywang na tanong ni Anastasia sa lalaking nakahilata sa sofa ng kaniyang hacienda.

"What?" Buryong tanong nito.

"Avery Mercado run away from her bride, Kendric Guillermo. The guests were leaved shocked. What's the real things behind this?" Basa ni Anastasia sa kaniyang cellphone.

"Alexander get up! Hanapin mo si Avery lalo't she's pregnant of your child."

"She's what?!" Alexander's back stiffened from what she heard.

"She's pregnant okay? Nalaman namin kahapon." Anastasia explained.

"Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi? Damn!"

"Because Vera stopped me from telling this to you. O thought wala ding saysay na sabihin sa iyo kung ikakasal narin naman siya. I wanted to cool down the atmosphere but now that Avery run away, it means one thing. Ikaw ang mahal niya."

Alexander's palm tighten. How come Avery planned to secret this to him?

The scenes furiously flash on his mind. Those days where he hardly pound Avery. Then a smile plastered on her face.

No one owns Avery for he, Alexander Ilustre.