24:Issues?

Art is not mine and all credit goes to the original artist

Cross pov
"Nightmare was and still is an amazing monster and brother." Dream said as he sat down on the floor. Me and blue soon following after. Each of us sitting next to dream with our backs against the sink.

"I love him dearly and would never trade him for the world." Dream continued on hesitating a bit. As I listened. C.C also deciding to finally shut their mouth and listen to what dream has to say.

"Take your time dream me, your boyfriend, and c.c can wait as long as you need." Blue said while holding dreams hand. Dream immediately flushed at hearing what blue said.

I didn't understand why dream was blushing. He only said c.c, blue, and ... My face imideatly turned purple as I realized whay blue just called me.

"That took you a bit of time to notice. Huh slow poke." C.c said bursting into laughter right after. "You you you look like a dumb grape." C.c was able to manage out before continuing her laughing fit. I try to calm down as I put my attention back to dream.

"Yeah dream I can wait. I don't mind." I managed to say loud enough so that only dream can hear. Dream looked at me, still with a bright yellow blush, and smiled at me. I quickly look away as my face flush again.

"Nightmare wasn't always a black goopy octopus. He was a skeleton just like all of us and everyday I blame myself for what happened to him. You see in my au. Brother and I were the ones who gave people and monsters dreams and nightmares. Hope and despair. Happiness and sadness."

"Okay okay we get it can you continue." C.c said which I promptly ignored.

"The humans and monsters hated nightmare since he represented all the negative. While everyone loved me since I represented all the positive.

I hated it. The only reason they liked or dislike us was because of what we were supposed to represent and I hated it. They always and I mean always bullied nightmare. Just because he was negativity or whatever.

I tried. I tried so hard to help nightmare. I thought that if I pleased everyone. I thought if I could get them to focused on me and use me as their toy that they wouldn't bully nightmare. I thought maybe if after they used me for their own happiness they would listen to me and leave nightmare alone but-but. I-I was just being naive and stupid and I should have been their for him but I wasn't. I should have done more to help him. I should have...." Dream was sobbing as he rambled incoherent nonsense. His face tucked into his knees that he brought up.

I didn't know what I should do? I looked over at blue who was doing a weird hand motion. Looking like a basket ball hop.

"Are you that slow cross. Blue is telling you to go and comfort him. Give him a hug or something." C.c shouted at me. I nodded my head at blue as I moved closer to dream.

I grab his arms and gently pull them away from his face. His soft sobbing filling the quiet kitchen room. He looked at me with such regret and sadness in his eyes as tear weld up and fell. Hating the face he was making I grab his shoulders and pull him to my chest.

Dream seemed a bit taken aback but was now sobbing in my chest. He held on to my clothing as if it was his lifeline. Slowly soaking my clothes.

"Shh dream. It's okay just let it all out. I'm right here." I whispered to dream as I hold him in my arms rubbing the back of his skull.

Blue joined in on trying to calm dream by talking to him and reassuring he wasn't alone. Which seemed to work for dream as his crying became softer.

Until there was only sniffles. He looked up at me with a light yellow blush sniffling his none existen nose. I smiled at dream as he gave me a weak and sad smile.