44. Nisha's Nursery

Please vote;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Vartika's POV:

Shiv and his family reached our house around 10:30 a.m.

The Pooja started around 10:45 a.m. Shiv was now sitting beside me.

I was listening to what Pandit Ji was saying very attentively but I guess Shiv was not.

I glanced at him and found him staring at me. He quickly looked away making me grin from ear to ear.

At the end of the pooja, our family made us do the aarti together and then themselves teased us for the same. We both could not help but blush.

➵ ➵ ➵

After the Pooja, I got busy in giving prasad to everyone.

When I came back inside, I searched for Shiv but he was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, my mom passed by me and I stopped her.

"Mom, do you need my help with anything or may I go to the kitchen!?", I asked her.

"No, no... I'll handle everything here! You go and do your work!", my mom said.

"Ok, thank you!", I said with a smile and left.

➵ ➵ ➵

Shiv's POV:

"Where did this girl go..!?", I mumbled to myself as I searched for Vartika.

I had just gone to say hello to my cousins and this girl disappeared.

I scratched the back of my head with my one hand and turned around.

I stepped back a little as I saw Nisha Aunty standing behind me with her hands crossed around her chest.

She was staring at me so I asked confused, "What happened, Aunty?!"

"What happened to you? Are you searching for something... or searching for someone?!", she asked.

"Huh.... No, no.... It's nothing like that!", I said awkwardly.

"Hmm.... Ok! I thought you were searching for someone! So I thought that I should help you! Never mind!", she said and turned around to leave but stopped.

"By the way, Vartika is in the kitchen!", she said and left.

I narrowed my eyes at her as my mouth fell open a little bit in surprise. I just stood there and smiled to myself.

'Everyone is trying to set us up!', I thought.

➵ ➵ ➵

I entered the kitchen and found Vartika cooking something.

"Oh! So you know how to cook, huh!", I said.

She looked at me and scoffed.

"Know!!? I'm the master chef of my family!", she said proudly.

"Really!?... But, how do I trust you?!", I said trying to tease her.

"Don't!... You just wait until you taste the cake I'm making!... You'll too become my fan just like everyone else!", she said making me smile.

"Okay, let's see!", I said and she glared at me. I just smiled widely in response.

'She's so cute!', I thought.

"By the way, which cake are you making?", I asked standing near the dining table.

"Chocolate.... It's Vihu's favourite! ", she said.

"Vihu? Who? ", I asked confused.

"My cousin! Don't you remember him!.... Vihu... I mean Vihaan! He is the one who requested me to make cake today... otherwise I was going to make Kheer!....He loves cake you know... especially the ones made by me!", she said.

"Are you talking about that Vihaan, who ate the whole cake on your 10th birthday, even before it was cut?!", I asked.

"Yeah! Yeah!.... It was him! He still loves cakes a lot!", she said while chuckling.

I chuckled and was about to say something when someone entered the kitchen saying, "You are the best sister yrr!... May God fulfill all your wishes... and may you get an amazing husband who loves you a lot and may you get very cute children who annoy the hell out of you!"

"Excuse me?" she said narrowing her eyes at him.

"I mean, love you a lot yrr!" he said correcting his sentence.

"Think of the devil and the devil is here," Vartika said.

"You were thinking about me? What do you need now?" Vihaan said.

"Shut up and meet him! He is Shiv, my mom's friend's son," she said introducing me.

"And, Shiv, he is, Vihaan, as I told you. He is my father's brother's son," she said introducing him.

'Oh, so he's her brother!... And, God knows what I was thinking!'

"Oh, so you are, Shiv! Nice to finally meet you, bro!" he said and we shook hands.

"Same here. You know me?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"Of course, I know you. She–" he was cut in between by Vartika when she dropped a plate on the floor.

"Oops!.. Sorry... Actually Vihu, Pammi Aunty was searching for you! Sorry, I forgot to tell you!... Go, I think she has something important to tell you," she said.

I don't know why but I felt she was lying and I guess Vihaan understood it too.

"Really! Okay, I'll definitely go meet her but first let me at least talk to, Shiv, properly. We have met after so long!" he said getting himself a glare from her.

"Okay, so what was I telling you.... Yeah, that I know you!... So I know you because... she... has been talking only about you...... since the day she has seen you at the wedding.... and then at the basketball court..... and then in college!.... Shiv has gotten so smart!..... His body is so good!... That's all she talks about!...... Now, as you have finally met her, I leave this post and give this duty of, listening to her daily blabbering, to you!" he said making me look at Vartika who was now hiding her face behind a plate.

"I guess, my work is done here. I'll take my leave now... because.. PAMMI AUNTY HAS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL!!... Bye Shiv!..... Byeeee Vartika!", he said but she didn't respond.

She was still hiding her face with the plate. He chuckled softly, looking at her in amusement and left.

A smile formed on my lips as I processed Vihaan's words in my mind.

'So, all this time...... she too liked me!'

Just this thought was enough to fill my heart with so much happiness.

I looked at Vartika, she was still hiding her face with the plate.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬