Chapter 6 {Commander}

I'm afraid you were further directed on Eren's titan, that you hadn't marked a titan was rolling toward Eren to knock him out. Thankfully, Jean was capable of dragging you aside from the battle in time so you weren't caught up in it. This titan knocked Eren's titan beyond Trost. "Eren!" You cried. 

"What the hell is she talking about?" Jean queried. "Do you know Eren? Eren Yeager?" Jean asked you. You just looked at him and stood quiet for a while. 

You gasped and discerned that there were titans in your parents' area. There was a crowd of soldiers who were charging you questions because of the way you interacted with Eren's titan, but you struggled yourself out of the crowd and ran to your home. "Mother! Father!" You called. Your mother came rushing to you, but your father didn't follow. "Mother, where's father?" You demanded. Your mother caught her breath and locked her eyes. "Is he..." You paused to say the word "dead". Your mother nodded. Tears directly settled in your eyes, and you wailed on the spot. 

There was so much going on that you couldn't pay regard to them all. There was Eren's titan, your father's death, and the soldiers' questions. Your mother denied to describe what she saw, and how your father's death occurred. 

5 days progressed, and your mother did nothing else but mourn your father's death. You'd see her weeping almost all the time. And when she wasn't crying, her face would be red and it would look like she had simply cried. 

There was a knock on your door the following day, and you answered it since your mother was fastened up in her room. "Are you that girl who communicated with Eren Yeager's titan?" A tall soldier demanded... No, more like a commander. "Y-Yes." You stammered, glancing at the commander with your sorry face. "I'd like you to register. It seems that Eren remembered you in his titan form. You'll be his 'individual cage'." The commander said. "Does this mean I'll have to fit a soldier? Just to look after Eren?" You bid. The commander responded: "Correct." 

The commander spoke to your mother about it. You were shocked because she told the commander: "If she will be the one to deliver peace to this shameful world, then I guess so." Before leaving, your mother had a request: "Please, Y/N... I'm begging you. Avenge your father. Kill all the titans. And no matter what, you don't get killed." You nodded, and gave your mother a sympathetic hug before you left to start your fresh life in the survey corps. 

"Hey look, it's that girl!" "I heard that she was the one who could touch that titan!" "What's she doing here?" Several soldiers muttered. You gazed downward, overlooking the undertones you heard all around you. "It's that girl!" Jean thought as he stared at you. "It's that soldier... The one named 'Jean'." You conceived, as you saw Jean look at you. Once you made eye contact with him, he looked away. 

You went through training, but never saw Eren which bothered you a lot. Still, that soldier Jean became your friend.