Chapter 21(B) - 𝘡𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘨𝘪 𝘉𝘩𝘢𝘳 𝘙𝘦𝘩𝘯𝘢 𝘛𝘶𝘮 𝘚𝘢𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘦?

"No, I don't want you to stay with me."

Abir was stunned as Mishti sounded frustrated. She was about to walk away when he held her hand.

"Don't go Mishti. I won't let you run away this time. Talk it out Mishti. It's okay if you don't love me, but I want to hear you. Give me that chance at least."

Mishti looked at Abir. His eyes were moistened, so were hers. What should they talk about now?

Mishti took a step towards him. As she pushed him slightly, he was pinned against the wall.

"What should I say Abir? What do you want to hear? You're hurting yourself by loving a girl who doesn't even know what exactly love feels like. You said that you love the girl whom you met some three months ago. How is that possible? You're promising things that sounded so good but how can I believe? The Mishti you used to know was lost in these 7 years."

Mishti took a stool from a corner, stood on it and pulled Abir by his collar.

"7 years Goddamn it! Where have you been? I missed you, I cried for you but neither of us found our ways back to each other. Do you even have the slightest idea what I went through? No calls, no messages except those occasional congratulations, thank you texts and random likes on social media posts. Where was the love you're talking about? I understand I was wrong at one point of time. But you Abir? Even you completely ignored me. I tried so much to contact you but couldn't. You left for Delhi and didn't bother to know my whereabouts, did you?

I felt I won't be able to live without you Abir, but look at me now, I survived. We both made promises and we broke them. We survived without each other's presence for 7 years, so why won't we be  able to spend the whole life now? The promises you're making are no new, maybe at that time we were very young and today the same words sound mature. Then why should I trust you? 7 years back, you left me without even listening to my stand, and never looked back. Suddenly you came back to Rajkot, you met me again, you got to know some unpleasant truths and you're saying you love me? Why should I believe you?

Didn't we spend 7 years like this? We've learned to live without each other We've learned to live like this."

Holding his shirt tight Mishti put her head on his chest. She was crying and she didn't want to stop today.

Their long-pending conversation, finally it was happening. Abir sighed.

He held Misht's tiny frame in his broad arms and kissed her hair as she was crying. Abir knew Mishti's heart turned to an ice, and today, that ice was melting. It was the time to drench themselves in the shower of love in their deserted hearts. Let love wash away the cover of pain, anger, doubts and everything that hampers its way.

"Pata hain Abir? As much as I denied it, I always knew nothing can ever remove my feelings. Maybe that's what caused more trouble. Your ignorance hurt Abir! It hurt so bad. Only I know what an expert stalker I've become in these 7 years! The way I created fake profiles only to stalk you at one point of time, the way I kept track of almost everything you did, it sounds so creepy but it is what it is. This is a big secret! I don't even have our old pictures so I had to do this! I missed you idiot, I missed you so much."

Mishti laughed at herself. She wasn't supposed to disclose this secret to anyone but she spilled it out!

"Pata hain Mishti? The letters you wrote to me, your origami birds, our pictures - I've treasured all of them in a box carefully. I always look at them Mishti, even Nanko isn't aware of this secret box. We can see our pictures together. Main bachpan mein bohot cute tha na."