Chapter 16 - 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘪 𝘉𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘪 𝘒𝘢 𝘉𝘢𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘯 𝘏𝘢𝘪...

"What are we doing here Abir? Why?"

More than anything Mishti felt scared of being with Abir, she could lose her temper anytime and breaking down in front of him is the last thing she would ever expect to happen.

"We're talking Mishti." Abir was calm.

Mishti looked at his eyes - those ocean-like deep eyes, she could always read them and today, after 7 years, she could see an age-old longing in those eyes.

She didn't know whether she should feel happy or run away, again!

Abir saw tears dripping out of her eyes, and he was downhearted. When did he become such a dismay to her! He didn't know whether he's clearing it or making a bigger mess right now.

Mishti stepped backward as Abir extended his hand. Maybe she was so habituated in being awkward near Abir that this strange normality was uncomfortable. How can everything be so calm and so normal between her and Abir!

Ultimately, Mishti's own thoughts were damaging her more.

मेरी बेबसी का बयान है, बस चल रहा न इस घड़ी!
रास हसरत का निचोड़ दूँ,
कास बाहों में आ तोड़ दूँ...
चाहूँ क्या, जानू ना.. चीन लूँ छोड़ दूँ!
इस लम्हे क्या कर जाऊँ?

Happiness to guilt, then sudden anger and now trying to ignore him - Abir was just observing her silently. So she is acting weird again. Earlier this might have irked him but not this time. You can't annoy me this way Angry Chorni,  Abir reflected.

"Aren't you bored Abir? Am I not disturbing you? Let's go."  Mishti said as Abir still stood there composed. What's wrong with this Ajeeb Aadmi! He didn't react at all! Mishti could surely notice the change in his behavior these days. As much as she liked it, the fear of him pulling out the vulnerable side of Mishti overpowered the happiness. Mishti knows very well, she can't pretend for long in front of Abir, he has been the one who would see through her and pull out the real Mishti, even when they were too young to fall in love.

Only Abir Rajvansh can make her feel this way!

She was feeling pathetic, but look at him - still so serene he was! Okay it's wrong, but she is jealous of him and his alleviating aura now. Especially this silence between them, this can just damage Mishti's self-control in seconds.

"Why are you talking to me Abir? Don't you hate me?" Mishti didn't know whether she sounded desperate or rude, but she had to break the melancholy, if that means a silly fight then so it be.

But to her surprise, Abir smiled again.

"It's okay Mishti. I understand you might feel uncomfortable, but I know I've caused this. How can I hate you Mishti? You're someone I'd always..." Abir paused. Okay, he is prepared to face her wrath or weird behavior, but this is Mishti's turn to speak. He's here to listen to her and not to justify himself.

"You would always? Finish it Abir. Who am I to you?" And Mishti finally lost her cool, "What are you trying to show Abir? That it doesn't matter to you if we're together here, alone? It doesn't affect you in any way, that's what you're showing me right? Good then, I understood. Now shall we leave, please Abir? Standing by your side, this way, it's so overwhelming, so much that I feel like crying out of nowhere. Just a mere mention of you and I'm affected. You know right? Are you doing this intentionally? Leave me alone Abir... Go!"  Mishti cried.

Abir expected such an outburst, he was even ready for it. But this... this hurt more, more than he imagined! His presence affects his Angry Chorni this way!?