Chapter 9 - 𝘓𝘪𝘱𝘵𝘪 𝘏𝘶𝘪 𝘒𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘺𝘢𝘯 !

क्या उस गली में कभी तेरा जाना हुआ?
जहां से ज़माने को गुज़रे ज़माना हुआ...
मेरा समय तो वहीं पे है ठहरा हुआ,
बताऊं तुम्हे क्या मेरे साथ क्या क्या हुआ!

Anurag was always best known for his calm and composed nature. But he couldn't come to his senses since Naira uttered those words... Those dreadful words..

"That damned father of Nishant molested Mishti!"

Anurag held his head tightly, locking himself in his room. It's been nearly two weeks since he lost his peace of mind. How could he not understand Mishti's pain! How could he not see through her! Where did he go wrong! How could Mishti hide so many things from him! Each thought in his mind was screaming only one name - Mishti!

Anurag closed his eyes.

Silences speak volumes, you just have to listen to it.

Mishti's words were acting like a sword to him. That ever-smiling, most beautiful girl who knows only to spread love had to suffer the worst and how easily she never let anyone know about it. She fought her battle alone, without letting anyone feel her pain for a single moment. Anurag always thanked God for his friendship with Mishti, but today he realised that he could never know his friend.

"You always stood by my side whenever I was in a problem, but you were struggling all alone, in the dark. Why Mishti? Was I never a good friend to you? Why did you hide your pain Mishti? Why?"

His eyes have become dry by now. It seems he doesn't even have the strength to cry anymore. He could always sense the discomfort of Mishti by a mere mention of Abir and he always cheered her up. But he never really intended to know her past with Abir, in fact he remembers, whenever their conversations headed that way, he would divert the topic. And Mishti would not deny that.

"You always understood me Mishti. Only if I could listen to you keeping my personal feelings aside!"

For Anurag, only Mishti's present mattered the most. That's why, probably he could never see how a part of Mishti was still stuck somewhere in her past! He always loved Mishti for what she is - a strong, independent and mature girl. Only if, for once, he could at least try to know the vulnerable, sensitive and troubled Mishti she carried inside her heart! He was so busy admiring the beauty in front of his eyes that he remained ignorant to the scars her words reflected. In his thirst of not letting Abir and his memories touch their friendship, Anurag could never realise that the wounds she still carries from that past have become a part of her.

The past he never wished to know, was one big truth of Mishti!

"I'm sorry Mishti! I could never read your silence.."

~~~

खामोशियां एक राज़ हैं, सीने में दफ़न है कहीं!
खामोशियां जो पास है, मैं तुमसे कहुंगा कभी...
बांट लुंगा मैं, साथ में तेरे,
मिलने तो आओ जरा!

In the span of 7 years, Abir had imagined almost every possible reason why Mishti drifted away from him, imagined the day he would finally meet Mishti and clear things, not because he wants her back but he always felt the decision to left her was quite hasty. As Mishti said that day at the lakeside, they were immature to handle relationships and this affected both of them. Maybe that did not go unnoticed by Meenakshi and she decided to confront Mishti and asked her to leave Abir.