Chapter 21(A) - 𝘡𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘨𝘪 𝘉𝘩𝘢𝘳 𝘙𝘦𝘩𝘯𝘢 𝘛𝘶𝘮 𝘚𝘢𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘦?

अजनबी को ना कहने से पहले पहचान तो ले!
चाहे प्यार ना कर, खुद को और किस्मत को वक़्त तो दे!
बिना मिले इनकार ना कर....

The week has been quite normal apparently. The tension between Anurag and Mishti was gradually diminishing, Naira was a little out-minded for a few but now she's doing fine. Recently Kuhu got placed in an Event Management Company, the Champaner project was officially approved. Meenakshi Aunty too seemed friendlier to her. The other day she even apologized to Mishti; although Mishti had no grudges against her, yet her past was finally falling into places. In a nutshell, everything is awesome.

But then, did "Awesome" ever meant "fine" for Abir and Mishti?

No, nothing is going good when it comes to Abir, at least Mishti believes so.

She is so near to start a new life with him, yet something inside her isn't allowing her to take a step! What is it? She couldn't understand.

"So you're sure that you don't love Abir, aren't you?" Anurag asked her the other day to which she couldn't find any reply.

"Then at least tell him that he should not wait for you. Abir loves you Mishti, I can see that in his eyes when he looks at you. And looking at you, I can even say that you too feel the same for him." Anurag had tried to convince Mishti. "It's not necessary that things will repeat itself. It's okay if you want to take your time. But then, remember Mishti, pushing him away is doing harm to both of you. And maybe one day you'll lose him, and this time for good."

And that scared her. Mishti Kashyap - no matter how many times she says she doesn't need anyone - deep down always feared losing everyone she called her own. And Abir Rajvansh, consciously or unconsciously, has always been her own, no matter what.

"I can't afford to lose him once again, Anurag!"

Mishti remembers how she lowered her eyes when Anurag looked at her with a smile. As if he could understand what she didn't.

Probably he could really understand her.

Life has been hard on her in a tender age. Maybe she never really got the time to enjoy a blissful carefree life. She has been loved as well as been thrashed, depressed, harassed and betrayed.

No wonder the deep and lasting effects of the trauma is still instilled in her. Life has been unkind to her in every way possible and such is the injustice that now she's unable to believe in happiness coming her way!

Anurag knew, he always knew his Mishti. His best friend has fought her battles bravely and emerged from ashes. And now, it's his turn to help his best friend get what she really deserves.

~~~

Not even in her dreams, Meenakshi Rajvansh would have imagined such drastic aftermath of her seven years old deeds. If the guilt of whatever Mishti had to go through was enough, now the state Abir is in is beyond her imagination.

And Meenakshi herself caused the biggest pain of her son's life!

"Maybe she'll never accept me Anurag. Maybe this is what my punishment is for whatever wrong happened to her because of me and my stupidity. I've lost her Anurag." Abir was weeping like a baby in front of Kunal, Anurag and Naira and they had no words to console him. To be honest, it was weird for all of them to see Abir's tormented state. None of them had actually realised the intensity of Abir's love till now.

And now that they know, they have to do something about it!

"How can you give up, Abir? The last time you believed in her words and left her, you know the consequences. So now, how can you give up just like that?" Naira said. "You heard her rejection, but we all know where it is coming from. You've shown great strength till now Abir. Don't give up now."