Chapter 19 - 𝘈𝘢𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘏𝘶𝘢 !

तू जो मिला तो यूं हुआ
हो गई पूरी अधूरी सी दुआ..
तू जो गया तो ले गया
संग तेरे मेरे जीने की हर वजह!

Abir's face saddened looking at the girl in the garden. It was not Mishti.

"Naira..." Abir was surprised! "Naira... What are you doing here? I mean... Is everything okay?"

"I hope you didn't expect Mishti, did you?" Naira didn't smile but she was polite. "Mishti is fine. I'm here to have a word with you and I guess you know what it is about."

Abir looked at her and nodded.

"Please come inside, let's sit and talk. I just hope nothing is wrong Naira."

"No Abir, I'm comfortable here. Also Meenakshi Aunty won't appreciate me coming inside." Naira continued, "I don't know if it holds any importance to you or not, but Abir, Mishti is my best friend and I know her inside out. And right now, she is not fine. And I want to know if you're fine or not."

Naira's play of words astonished Abir. She smirked at him.

"Come on Abir, isn't it obvious? Definitely you're affected. That's why you're leaving for Delhi. But I want you to know that Mishti is leaving Rajkot, for five years. She is leaving for Amsterdam. So you made my friend so weak that she's running away from her life. And after doing all these, you too are leaving."

Abir looked at her in disbelief. What? Mishti is leaving! But why? When? And is she really leaving because of him?

"I'm sorry Naira, but I really can't get you. I've no idea about this and trust me, I never meant to hurt her. It's just.." Abir lowered his gaze.

"It's just neither of you can accept your feelings. That stupid girl is going to leave because she fears love and here you're, doing nothing. Do you really not feel anything Abir?"

Naira never had any terms with Abir. It was only Mishti because of whom she sensed a familiarity with him and today, for her best friend, Naira could come over his place and question him.

"Do you feel what she is going through Abir? She's stabbing her heart and not even letting out a single cry. She can face anything Abir, except you. And then seeing guilt for her in your eyes, she broke down in a way that she's ready to leave everything behind. Only to escape from you Abir Rajvansh. And what are you doing? Leaving her once again, just like that?"

She doesn't know about Mishti, but Naira definitely had many grudges against Abir. She has seen her best friend crying, she knew how helpless Mishti feels each time her past encounters her. And Abir, instead of being her support, became the reason Mishti was hurt more.

Naira couldn't control her tears.

"You know Abir, I've seen her, I've seen her fighting, struggling, falling down and getting up. She'd never acknowledge but she always wished for your comeback. With time her hope diminished and now that broken hope has turned to a fear. She fears that if she hopes it'll break again, she fears love Abir. Do you get that? My Mish deserves nothing but love, but she's not ready to accept it. Why Abir? Just because she fears she'll ruin everything, and maybe unintentionally, but you're the reason for her fear."

"Doesn't Mishti herself want to stay away from Bhai?" Kunal came from behind. "I understand whatever happened was wrong, but right now there's nothing we can do as Mishti herself is resisting. She doesn't want Bhai to go to her and now she's leaving. She's hurt but she isn't allowing anyone to cure her pain. Her fear is so deep that it's nearly impossible to pull her out of it. Love and hope, it should have been her strength, but look at her fate, it broke her! Do you think anything can fix her brokenness now?"