Chapter 4 - 𝘚𝘢𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘋𝘦𝘵𝘪 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘢𝘯...

A/N : There will be two looongg chapters so take your time and then read it. I'll next meet you at the end of Chapter 6, but I want to hear from you guys, what do you think? Tried to keep it as real as possible but please let me know if you feel like I'm dragging it. I request you all to keep in mind that MishBir are meeting properly after 7 years and neither of them is acquainted with each other's life. Do you think one meeting can resolve years of conflict?

Happy reading :-)

***********

Abir!

"Should I leave? How can I escape! God..Just leave quietly Mishti..Oh no! He has seen you! Good Lord, why doesn't this earth just break and I'll just hide. Why yaar! Can't he just ignore me? Why is he walking towards me! Just stop there you stupid human. No no...! Fuck." Mishti felt like something inside her was going to blast... but...! Oh no, this silly heart is racing so fast that it might blast anytime soon.

Abir Rajvansh. Mishti's ex-boyfriend whom she always best avoided is now standing in front of her, looking directly at her and.. and... smiling.

"So finally you're to face him, that too alone, that too in this place." Mishti Murmured.

This day couldn't get any worse than this. Mishti is standing in front of Abir Rajvansh, all alone, in the lakeside.

"Sab kharab ho gaya. Sab. Pata nahi kya chal raha tha dimaag mein! Nikal jana chahiye tha chup chap, lekin nahi, tujhe toh khade hi rehna tha statue banke. Ab jaa, baat kar. Well played Partner, well played." Mishti was murmuring. This was to happen someday. But right now, she wasn't prepared for it.

"Khudse hi baatein karti rahogi? Main tumhare saamne hu, meri taraf dekho toh sahi!" Abir said to Mishti. He would never understand why this girl behaves this way in front of him? After all it's been 7 years, and of course, they both have moved on. it doesn't even matter to either of them anymore.

Or at least he tries to behave so. And probably she does the same too!

Stop thinking nonsense Abir, he tried to shrug off his thoughts and started calculating all the possible words he should exchange with her now. Only he knows how eager he was to see her, at least. Every time they met after their break up, he tried to make Mishti as comfortable as she was with him before. Yet none of his efforts were fruitful. But today, he has the chance and Mishti is in front of him. Mishti would behave so oddly as if someone has forced her to come to that place; especially with Abir, she would never be her usual self. Okay she might feel something awkward with her ex, but even now? When it's been so long?

Maybe Abir would never find any meaning of Mishti's weird behavior in front of him. And even if he finds, he doesn't know how to mend things between them. It's late already.

Abir looked at her, the innocence is still there in her face. But her eyes... he couldn't read her eyes! Are Abir and Mishti so distant from each other now?

"Come let's sit there, or are we supposed to stand the whole day?" Abir broke the awkward silence. Mishti gave a nervous smile and walked towards the bench.

"Jaa Mishti jaa, mar le thodi der!" Mishti almost slapped herself which went unnoticed by Abir.

No one spoke for a while - An awkward silence, and Mishti hated it, especially with Abir. Silences speak volumes, you just have to listen to it. But this silence was screaming, screaming so loud that Mishti couldn't bear it anymore.

"I never thought I'll find you in this place someday!" She broke the silence. Abir was staring at the lake. "Abir?" Mishti called again.