Chapter 10 - 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘪 𝘛𝘰𝘩 𝘏𝘢𝘳 𝘉𝘢𝘢𝘵 𝘛𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘪...

जो तुम गए दिल की गलियों से सिसक रही गालियां...
जो तुम नहीं मेरी नज़रों में तड़प रही अँखियां !

If Abir is getting married, how does it affect her anyway! Mishti shut the door with force and ran to the bathroom. Are her eyes moistened? "What the hell Mishti! Why are you behaving as if he was supposed to marry you? What's wrong?" Mishti looked at herself in the mirror.

"Kya haal bana liya hai khud ka Mishti? Kya kar rahi hai tu? Jo tera kuch lagta bhi nahi uske liye kya sochna.." She washed her face and came out.

Mishti checked her phone, no message from Anurag yet. Her face saddened.

Since she was released from hospital, Anurag has neither texted nor called her, better put, he is totally avoiding her. Mishti was confused at his behavior first but last night when Naira told her that Anurag now knows everything that happened to her, to be honest, Mishti too doesn't want to talk to him now. She doesn't need anyone's sympathy. Most importantly, she doesn't want anyone to feel pity for her. And right now, she felt scared of losing her respect in Anurag's eyes.

As Mishti started packing, she found an old picture of their school - their whole class smiling wholeheartedly, this was their farewell day. That was the first time when Abir held her hand in front of everyone in the class. A sweet smile brightened her face.

"I wish woh sab kabhi hota hi na. Toh shayad aaj hamare bich itni doori nahi hoti Abir. I really miss you.. It's so crazy na, how I always wish to talk to you, but I can't! I don't even know if you think about me or not, but I do Abir. I always do. Maybe it was meant to be like this. And now, I've nothing except good wishes for you."

Mishti sighed.

"I was doing fine Abir, then you returned to Rajkot and boom! With you, those days came back too and here I am, breaking once again. It was so good till I met you again. Why Abir? You're still like the storm to me, whenever we cross paths, it ends up in damage. I just hope there's nothing more to break."

~~~

2 Days Later

"Nanko, do you think Mishti is coming to the party?" Abir asked.

"Even if she comes, does it make any difference Bhai? And the thing is, why do you even want her to come? Give her some space Bhai, especially from us." Kunal replied without looking at Abir.

"But I want to see her Nanko. I want to check whether she is fine or not. It's been three weeks." Abir sounded so desperate, making Kunal stare at him. "Don't you think it's rude of us to not visit her even for once?"

"But how Bhai? None of their family expects you or any of us to be there. In fact, they don't even know that you're aware of what happened seven years back. How does it matter anyway?" Kunal looked straight into his eyes, he could sense Abir's restlessness.

"Nahi yaar Nanko, tu nahi samjhega. Mujhe milna hai Mishti se. I want to meet her. I want to tell her that I'm sorry. I am.. I am extremely sorry.. I wish I could meet you once Mishti."

Tears rolled down his cheeks.

खोया सा करार है ना
बेकरार है ना
तेरा ही दरकार है ना
तू जो ना हो जहां कुछ नहीं...

"Do you know what Nanko? All along I kept believing that Mishti lost interest in me, that's why she was moving away. I used to blame myself for not being capable enough to keep her, but more than that I was blaming myself for LOVING her. I thought I could never know her. And like always, I'm proved to be right. I'd never know her Nanko, never. Here I didn't bother to trust her, I left her just like that. But she... she was fighting her demons all alone." Abir fell on his knees.