Chapter 12 - 𝘌𝘬 𝘔𝘰𝘥 𝘗𝘢𝘳 𝘋𝘰 𝘈𝘫𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘦...

जो दर्द छुपाना चाहते हैं
दर्द पे पेहरा रखते हैं!
पढ़ ले ना ग़म कोई चेहरे से
चेहरे पे चेहरा रखते हैं....

7 years is a long time. And this long time first made Mishti fragile, then turned her into a stone and now she was turning to ice. Just one stroke and she would shatter into pieces. No matter how strong you assume yourself to be, there's always that one point where your strength leaves you alone to break. And Mishti's past was such a tangled one that whenever she sets out to find an explanation to everything that went wrong, she ends up drowning more into the darkness. Not like she didn't take help, she did, and she eventually came out of that darkness too. Still there are some things which can trigger the fear instilled in you in a way that it ends up in havoc. And right now, Mishti could sense that her reaction is going to damage everyone around her.

Mishti has definitely learned to control her emotions, she is well aware of her triggers and she knows to handle situations calmly. But right now, she was not in the state of mind to control herself. She was unable to control her tears, thoughts were overflowing, her temper was badly ruined. In short, she was devastated. But this was not because she assumed Sonakshi to kiss Abir. But today, this was an instability caused by the cumulative agony, frustration, pain and tears she didn't express all along. And Abir was just the catalyst. Mishti took a deep breath to calm herself, but she could not. She was unable to suppress the volcano of emotions inside her. This was totally one of those times when Mishti feared herself!

Mishti immediately wiped the tears and rubbed her face. Her eyes were empty now!

She looked at Anurag. He was confused. There was no expression in Mishti's face and Anurag has never seen her this way. Definitely he has no idea what Mishti is feeling right now. He wasn't even able to sense anything except nervousness. Yes, he assumed Mishti to be nervous only. It was difficult for him to read her right now and suddenly he caged her into his arms. And unintentionally, Anurag became the ultimate strike to break Mishti's frozen heart.

She was shattered.

"What happened Mishti? Are you alright? Everything is alright Mishti. I'm with you." Anurag asked without breaking the hug. He badly wanted to make sure that she was fine.

Mishti couldn't say anything. Was it suffocating or was it triggering her more? She couldn't really differentiate. She shut her eyes.

दर्द पता था सच्चा है, इतना सच्चा पता ना था !
कांच खुशी का कच्चा था, इतना कच्चा पता ना था !

Mishti started getting flashbacks of her past. The first time when Abir held her hand, their first kiss, the way he hugged her... That day at the lakeside, when he hugged her again... Abir, the warmth of his touch, the softness of his lips, the melody of his voice... The way he used to recite Shayaris to her, his songs.. Mishti felt a little relieved.

All of a sudden flashes from that horrible day started coming to her mind. That day.. that man locked her in the room, and even before she could realize what actually happened, that man held her by her waist and covered her face with a handkerchief... His dirty fingers were running all over her body and she was trying hard to shout but his hold was so tight that she was unable to even move..

Ah.. No.. No.. She can't think of it.. No..

Mishti felt a burning in her chest. Abir.. Where is Abir? Whom is she hugging? She hurriedly broke the hug.

Anurag was startled. "What happened Mishti? Are you okay?"

Mishti didn't understand whether she was in her senses or not. But she felt an urgency to stop the flow of her thoughts. She needs to replace those memories. She needs to replace each touch that made her dirty. She doesn't want anyone to touch her but she needs to replace those flashbacks.