Chapter 1 - 𝘔𝘶𝘫𝘩𝘬𝘰 𝘛𝘶 𝘓𝘢𝘺𝘢 𝘠𝘦𝘩 𝘒𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘯 !

A/N : Just in case, you're a new reader of this old story, there might be a few mistakes and the plot might be a little bleh, but I decided against editing the story as it messes up the inline comments (I've fully edited my second story at the cost of comments. *Sighs*) and as my beloved first, I don't want to loose those precious comments anymore. So I hope you'll love my precious little story with all it's flaws 🥺 Know that I love you all for choosing HSTRTSM. Happy reading xx Love ya)

*************

Mishti... Mishti Kashyap

The girl whom Abir could never really know. They were in the same school, in the same class. But Mishti was always more than just a classmate...

The girl who no longer matters...

Is it really so - Abir wonders every time there is a mention of Mishti. Can he ever trust his apparent words in this? Can he ever erase her from his life? After all, they may have forgotten each other, but that girl will always hold a part of his life.

The closer she was to him, the farther she stands now.

And Abir Rajvansh couldn't understand where he went wrong...

Well to be honest, Mishti was the girl whom everyone desired. No, she was never someone who lived to impress others or to show off herself. She was.. Different, and according to Abir, maybe that was the thing about her which attracted everyone the most.

Mishti Kashyap - the all rounder, just name one field where she would not excel? She was the topper of the school, she was the graceful best dancer of the school who was a Karate brown belt! Whenever she would recite her poems, everyone, including those who understood absolutely nothing, would just stand there spellbound. The aura she had, was splendid... The Mishti-ness she carried.. was captivating!

"Angry Chorni."

Abir laughed a little. It's been years, still their memories are fresh like it was just yesterday! He wonders, does she too recall their times? But maybe he would never really get an answer, nor does he want. It's not like they don't talk anymore, they do, they're still namesake friends, everyone could sense the void between them. And he knows, this was bound to happen. He was the one to break up with her but they both knew it was more of a mutual decision. In fact, she was the one who took the first step for it. She was the one who moved away from him. But their end was willingly strange! Maybe this was the reason, unlike other broken couples they never hated each other. And it remained as a beautifully complicated but incomplete story...

With the end of the teenage love story their friendship was broken too, but at least they remained each other's well wishers who would text at times just to congratulate for some achievement or to wish good luck for some new endeavor.

At least they did not cut totally all their terms off.

आँखों में तेरे साये
चाहूँ तो हो ना पाए
यादों से तेरी फासला...

After an hour long wait, finally the rain stopped. Finally, after 5 years he'll see his people. Abir sighed, logically he should have been happy, but something inside him just wouldn't allow his smile to reach his eyes...

No wonder even after a gap of 7 years, he was eager to meet Mishti. Probably she won't talk to him or will run away like she has been doing all along, but are they supposed to stay like this till they cease to exist? Is it really this awkward to be at least friends with your ex!