Chapter 2 - 𝘗𝘢𝘭 𝘉𝘩𝘢𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘑𝘢𝘰....

A/N : First of all a very big thank you to all my readers for the overwhelming support you've given! I feel so blessed, I can't even express... Thank you is never enough!! Just keep supporting this way :-) Secondly, I request you all to read this chapter with an open mind i.e. please do not judge anyone here, It is not the time to justify or criticize any character here. And I want you all to remember that Abir & Mishti are not together for 7 years.

So now go through the chapter, I'm introducing another important character here. Happy reading :-)

****************

Mishti was busy with her NGO work for the next two days. Days went so fast and nights were mercilessly long. 5 years later, she could again feel the fragrance of Abir in her city! Two years after their break up, Abir left the city and now after 5 years, he is back.

So they're not together for 7 years. Yet she keeps missing him time and again! Although they were mere children when they were in love, everyone said such love stories are not true love but simply attractions... even when Abir himself moved out of love, Mishti could never really get over it! All credits to these silly social media sites, but she's still in touch with Abir for the namesake. Still she misses him.

But why? She doesn't even want to look for answers.

As crazy as it might sound but Mishti will never get over that "mutual break-up" as she and Abir declared it to be, and she has understood this well by now. Mishti sighed, she just hates it that she misses their togetherness so much that it feels like running to her phone and sending him a long paragraph telling how much she hated him for doing this.

But she stops.

तुम साथ हो या ना हो क्या फ़र्क है?
बेदर्द थी ज़िंदगी बेदर्द है...

Mishti feels like an old soul in this 21st century.

She is someone who is still fond of letters or at least face to face conversations. Even silences can speak volumes, you just have to listen to it. And one of the most horrible things that happened to her was over a mere text! Ugh, each time she remembers her break up, more than sadness it drowns her into a sea of anguish.

"Damn you Abir Rajvansh, even after all these years you still have your power over me. I just hate the fact that I can never hate you." Mishti switched on the light. She is just done with her sleep for this night also.

"Are you sleeping? Or still busy in your studies? Mr. Parhaku...", Mishti texted Anurag.

Anurag Basu.

Mishti's undeclared best friend and savior.

As much as she tried to stay afar from this boy, she was just walking towards him only. No, she was not in love with him but she knew it very well that if today she chooses to see him that way, he'll make her the happiest. But love and Mishti - probably doesn't go along! And Mishti did not want to lose that friend who almost knew her inside out, whom she can share her feelings with, whom she can trust with her whole heart...

A good friend!

"Yes Ms. Philosopher, I'm here only. But what are you doing at this hour of night? Wait, I hope you're not going to work on your plan of running away!" Anurag replied.

Mishti chuckled.

This boy always gives her an excuse to smile.

"No Sir, you know what I might be doing at 2 am of the night, right? And you even know the reason." Mishti replied immediately.