Chapter Twenty-Five

Not me tired as hell, my eyes sore and itchy, but me updating anyways because I feel bad I haven't. 

I did write half of the next chapter at the camp I was at, so maybe I can finish that this weekend...but no promises.

                                                             -------------------------------------------

The rest of the week went by smoothly. 

School was starting to wind down so that meant Corbin's exams were coming up and he was home earlier from school. 

That also meant Louis and Niall were even more busy with the end of school year stuff. 

Liam and Zayn got home late each night grumbling about 'fools who think they can do every stupid thing in the book now that they're on holiday.' Apparently they had multiple people coming into the hospital with alcohol poisoning from partying too hard and too long, burns from setting off fireworks dangerously, and multiple other incidents that ended up badly. 

Harry seemed to be the only one who wasn't frustrated with his job. He was heading down to the Parks home this weekend to see how Mitch was doing over there. The last time he had spoken to Jonathan, a few days ago actually, he said that Mitch was really well settled and they were considering adopting the boy. Things were starting to look up and Harry was in high spirits when he left the house on Saturday to head to the Parks. 

The weather had unexpectedly gotten colder over the last few days and that seemed to raise Corbin's spirit, as he was smiling ore, he initiated conversations, and was an all around happier person. 

                                                      ---------------------------------------------------

"Who knew that cold weather could make such a change in a person?" Niall murmured, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. 

Louis chuckled and nodded. "I know right." 

They were sitting at the dining table,, both of them grading a huge stack of  last minute tests. 

"When are Liam and Zayn getting back." 

"Dunno." Niall said. "They said something about working later than normal because they both got Christmas day off." 

Louis hummed in acknowledgement. 

They were silent for about half an hour before each sat back. 

"I'm glad that's over." Niall groaned, stacking the pile of tests in one corner of the table and rubbing his temples. 

"Same," Louis agreed. "definitely not the best way to spend a Saturday." 

They cleared their stuff away and settled in the lounge. 

"So, what are we looking for today?" Niall asked, picking up the remote and looking inquiringly at Louis, who shrugged. 

"I don't know, you pick." 

Niall huffed dramatically. "But I don't know either." He whined, sounding suspiciously close to a five year old. 

"So don't I." Louis insisted. 

They went back and forth a few times before they were interrupted. 

"You two are bickering like three year olds." 

They smiled sheepishly at Corbin who raised an eyebrow and folded his arms. 

"Hey Corb, you wanna join us?" Louis asked. 

"Join you?" Corbin rolled his eyes as he spoke. "I don't really wanna join an argument if that's okay." 

"No," Niall laughed. "we were going to watch a movie." 

"What type of movie?" Corbin asked, coming into the room and leaning on the back of the love seat. 

"A Christmas movie I guess." Louis shrugged. "Getting with the season I suppose." 

Corbin let out a bark of laughter and sat down on the seat. "And you can't decide on a Christmas movie?" He shook his head and took the remote from Niall. He scrolled through the movie selection before landing on 'Home Alone.' 

"Let's watch this."

He clocked the movie and sat back, tossing the remote back to Niall. 

Harry arrived back just as said movie ended, a bright smile on his face. 

"Hey Haz." Niall called. "how'd it go?" 

Harry placed his bag on the dining table and came into the lounge. 

"Well, it went really well." He said, taking a seat next to Louis. "Mitch seems really happy there." 

"That's good." Louis said softly. He placed a hand on Corbin's arm, who was staring at his hands with a solemn look on his face. "You okay love?" He asked. 

Corbin glanced up and gave a small smile. "Yeah, yeah I'm good." He sat up straighter and looked at Harry. "Do they want it to be a permanent thing?" 

Harry nodded. "Yes, they put the paper work through for adoption today." 

"That's great." Corbin said. 

He brought his finger to his mouth and nibbled on his nail. A bright, genuine smile spread across his face and he nodded slowly. 

"That's really great." 

Definitely not my best chapter, but it's better than nothing. 

Enjoy! I should be updating the other  book too...so be on the look out:)