Chapter Twelve

Corbin helped Mitch pack his stuff early the next morning. He had more stuff than Corbin realized, and when they had finished, he had a large duffel back packed full. 

"Whew, it would seem that you've collected a lot of things while we've been here." Corbin remarked, falling back onto his bed with a dramatic huff. 

Mitch smiled and sat down next to his brother on the bed. "Yeah," He looked down, suddenly solemn. 

Corbin poked him in the ribs, "Hey, don't be sad, I bet you'll love that family so much, you'll forget all about me." 

Mitch forcefully shook his head, eyes wide. "No! I could never forget you." He bit his lip as a thought apparently came to his mind. 

Corbin glared. "No. You are not going to put up a stink and force them to give you up." He sat up and nudged Mitch's shoulder. "You are going to give an accurate assessment of this family." He raised an eyebrow at Mitch, who pursed his lips with a guilty expression. Corbin wrapped an arm around his shoulders and rubbed his arm. "You'll be fine bro." 

Mitch leant onto his shoulder and lapsed into silence, letting out a puff of breath. 

A few moments later, there was a soft knock on the door and Liam poked his head in with a small smile. "Hey boys, I just came to tell you that breakfast is ready." 

Mitch pushed himself upright and nodded, "Thanks Liam." He muttered. 

Liam nodded and disappeared. 

Getting to his feet, Mitch looked back to Corbin, who had a nervous look on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked, frowning a bit. 

Corbin looked up at his brother and held out his ring finger, "Promise me that you won't be a brat during the trial period." 

Mitch smiled and wrapped his ring finger around Corbins. "I ring promise." 

That was something that Mitch had made up when he was three or so years old. He could never quite use his pinky finger to make a pinky promise, and he always loved the ring that Corbin wore on his ring finger, so he made the ring promise up. He had made it up on one specific day when nine year old Corbin had been viciously bullied at school for wearing a ring and he wanted to make him feel better.

The ring promise basically consisted of them wrapping their ring fingers together in a promise and that could never be broken. If one of them did break the promise, then they would have to repay the other a thousand dollars. As a three year old, that was the most amount of money Mitch could grasp, and Corbin agreed. 

"Now come on," Mitch pulled lightly on his hand, hauling his brother to his feet. "Let's go eat breakfast." 

                                                 -----------------------------------------------------

Harry left with Mitch right after breakfast. It was an emotional moment, Mitch didn't want to let go of Corbin and clung to him like there was no tomorrow. 

Corbin held  him tightly and whispered, "You need to go now, or you'll be late." 

Mitch whined and clung tighter, "Don't wanna." He murmured, nuzzling his face into Corbin's neck. 

Corbin gently stepped back, out of the embrace and gave him a weak smile. "You'll love it there." He kissed him on the forehead and let go of his shoulders. It made him feel worse when Mitch burst into tears getting into the car, so he disappeared into the house, claiming he couldn't watch them leave. It certainly wasn't a lie, he hated seeing anyone he loved being taken away from him.