Chapter Fifteen

"Ha! I win!" Harry yelled in triumph, as he got to his feet with his arms raised above his head. 

He was currently playing Risk with the other boys, and he had completed his mission first. 

"Let me see that!" Niall yelled, holding out his hand for Harry's mission card. 

Harry tossed it over. "Weep it and read." He laughed. 

Corbin, from where he was reading a book on the couch, snorted and looked up. "I believe the correct terminology is 'read it and weep.'" He said, raising an eyebrow in Harry's direction.

"Is it?" Harry looked over to the other boys for conformation. 

They nodded. 

"I can't believe you got to be thirty and you don't know that." Corbin scoffed as he got up and wandered into the kitchen. 

Harry gasped and placed a hand over his heart. "I'm not thirty." He yelled.

"Could've fooled me." Corbin called back, laughing. 

Harry chuckled and sat back down next to Zayn, who started to pack the game away. 

Corbin's two day suspension was almost over, and during that time, everyone had noticed a change in him. He was spending less time in his room and more time with the boys. And, because of that, they were noticing things about him that they hadn't picked up before, like how Corbin drank his coffee black with honey instead of sugar, how he was ambidextrous, and that he hated the colour red with a passion. 

He refused to do anything with the colour, even going so far as to refuse the tomato soup Liam had made for dinner one night. They had no clue why, Corbin's file didn't offer any clues to anything at all, all it said was that Corbin's family had been brutally murdered while he was away at a friends house, and from there he just jumped for house to house. 

Louis stretched and got to his feet as Corbin walked back in with is hands cradling a mug of steaming coffee. He sat back on the couch and picked up his book, ignoring the lads as he started to read again. 

"Corbin, do you wanna come play the Game of Life?" Liam offered, shifting over so there was room for him on the floor. 

Corbin shook his head and waved a hand. "And beat your sorry asses into a pulp?" He scoffed. "I think I'll save you the humiliation." 

Louis chuckled as he came back in with a small bowl of fruit salad. "You're so sure of yourself." He took a seat on the floor next to Niall, who snuck a grape out of his bowl. 

"Practice makes perfect." Corbin muttered, not even looking up from the book.