Chapter Twenty-Six

Trigger Warning: Mentions cutting and murder (I'm not going to go deep into it though, because while I can imagine the scene in my head, I find it incredibly hard to write it out) 

This chapter is dedicated to @UnderwaterPod39 cause she's been waiting a long time for this chapter:)

The days seemed to fly by as Christmas got closer and closer. 

Corbin finished his exams, successfully passing them all, and was enthusiastic about the holidays. Louis and Niall were off work for the holidays and had already started to plant their 'most magnificent Christmas party ever.' In Corbin's opinion it was dangerous to leave the two of them in charge of planning a party, but no one else seemed too worried so he left them to it. Liam and Zayn were still grumbling about their work, but recently seemed to be getting into the Christmas spirit better. Harry was busy finalizing the adoption papers for Mitch. After he finishes that, he would be off work until the middle of January. He seemed to be the only one who was disappointed to finish work for the year, he just loved his job. 

As for Corbin himself though, well, while his attitude had been on the rise lately, his emotional state seemed to be going down. He was happy enough, but his anxious and dark thoughts had been present in his mind a lot lately. It also didn't help that he had been craving that release again, and nothing that the boys had suggested helped, so  he had resorted back to cutting. He felt shameful as he did it, feeling like he had let the boys down, but he felt too anxious to ask them for help or to tell them about it. He found himself stuck in a rut. 

He had also spent a lot of time recently staring at Luke's number, willing himself to put it into his phone then call the man. But he always chickened out last minute, telling himself that he would do it sometime, just not right now. 

                                       ----------------------------------------------------

Corbin sighed as he tossed his phone onto the seat next to him and rubbed his eyes. 

Apparently spending more than an hour reading Wattpad stories hurt your eyes. He groaned and closed his eyes, taking a moment to let his eyes relax. 

"You alright Corb?" Louis called out from the kitchen, where he was organizing something or other for the party. 

"Yeah I'm fine." Corbin responded, sitting back on the couch and opening his eyes. 

"Okay, then can you -" 

Louis was cut off when Zayn and Niall entered the lounge. 

"Hey buddy." 

Niall threw himself onto the couch next to Corbin, who let out a small flinch. "We have a favour to ask you." 

Corbin picked up his phone and stuffed it into his pocket, a curious look on his face. He gestured for them to continue. 

"As you know, Harry has been going on all week about not going on a vacation this  holidays." 

Corbin nodded. Harry had been talking about having no vacation on the basis that he thought it was wise to save that money and put it to buying healthier food next year. Some of the boys disapproved of the idea, while Corbin really couldn't care any less. 

"We need you to convince him to let us go on vacation." 

Corbin let out a short laugh. "What do you expect me to do about it? If Harry doesn't want to go, then we won't go." 

"But he adores you!" Niall cried, gripping onto his arm and laying his head on his shoulder, giving him the best puppy eyes he could muster. "I'm sure if you asked him, he'd let us go."