Chapter Twenty-Four

"This is so boring." Calum moaned, slumping forward onto the table where he, Michael, and Corbin sat, doing their homework. 

"Everyone agrees, no one does anything about it though." Michael stated. 

"Someone should." 

Calum sat back and rubbed his eyes, which had started hurting in the last five minutes. He glanced over to Corbin who was staring blankly at his homework. He reached out and nudged him. 

"Hey dude, you alright?" 

Corbin flinched slightly and looked up. "Yeah, yeah I'm alright." 

Calum watched hi with worried eyes before nodding. "Okay then, hows the work going?" 

"Oh that, I've finished it." Corbin replied, sliding his text book over to Calum. 

"By fuck! What the hell!" Michael cried, taking hold of Corbin's book. Corbin flinched at the yell then smiled sheepishly. 

"Yeah, the work's not that hard." 

Michael shook his head in disbelief, laying the book down and getting to his feet. "I need a break." He said, walking away. 

Calum shook his head fondly before turning serious. "Are you alright?" 

Corbin raised an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?" 

"Well, you flinched twice earlier, and you kinda phased out on us." Calum said. 

"Ah, yeah sorry." Corbin apologized sheepishly. "I just had a rough night last night." 

It was a bad lie and they both knew it, but Calum didn't push. 

"Okay then," He nodded. "but just in case you're not okay, my older brother is a child psychiatrist, and he helped me a lot when I was going through a rough patch, so if you feel the need to, give him a quick call." 

He slid a piece of paper with a phone number and name across to him. 

Corbin cracked a half-smiled. "Thanks." He picked up the paper and scanned over the name. "Luke Hemmings." He murmured. "I've met him." 

"Oh?" Calum had a curious look on his face. Corbin nodded and placed the paper in his pocket. 

"Yeah, I was on a walk and we got talking." 

"Well, at least he's not a total stranger then." Corbin said. "He's in a serious relationship though, so don't you be getting any ideas." 

Corbin rolled his eyes and smacked his over the head. "Don't be stupid Calum." 

"I'm not being stupid." Calum defended. "We've never had this conversation before," he leant forward, his eyes sincere and slightly teasing. "if you do swing that way, I have nothing against that." 

"I appreciate that Calum, I really do, but I don't swing that way." Corbin said, patting Calum's hand. 

Calum shrugged and sat back. "Well, we cleared that one out of the air." He glanced over to the door to see Michael walking towards them and quickly said, "Remember what I said, Luke can help." 

Corbin nodded gratefully as Michael slumped back down in his seat. 

"So," He said loudly. "did you miss me?" 

"Terribly," Corbin said, "Calum was in hysterics." 

"Aw Calum!" Michael threw his arms around him and pressed a sloppy kiss to his cheek. "I feel so honoured." 

"As you should." Calum said, wiping his cheek off on his sleeve. 

Michael chuckled then turned serious. "Corbin, if I pay you twenty dollars, would you do my homework?" 

Corbin stared at him for a moment before shaking his head. "Sorry Mikey, but if you don't do your own homework, how will you learn?"

Michael frowned and picked up his pen. "Piss off Mr. Philosopher." 

                    -----------------------------------

Yes, this is a short one. Enjoy:)