Chapter Twenty-Two

The next day, Corbin was back at school, Harry having re-enrolled him the previous night. The morning had been uneventful, though each of the boys had asked him separately how he was feeling, and if he felt he was ready to go to school or if he wanted to wait another day. It took him awhile to convince each of them that he was fine and that he actually wanted to go to school, but now, standing in front of the High-school, Corbin felt suddenly nauseous. 

"Corbin, are you okay?" 

He half turned to see Louis standing behind him with a concerned look. 

"If you can't do this you can go back home." Louis said, "Don't feel pressured to start school straight away." 

Corbin shook his head and wiped his eyes, which had begun to prick with tears. "No, no I can do this. I'm all right." It sounded like he was trying to convince himself of this fact, rather than Louis. 

"Okay then," Louis laid a gentle hand on Corbin's back. "let's go in," 

Since Corbin had Louis' class first, he just went with Louis and took a seat in the back. 

Slowly, the other students started to file in and take their seats. Two students Corbin had never seen before came in just as the clock struck nine. The one had dark hair with a patch in the front dyed blonde, his skin was a dark brown shade and his eyes held a light look. The other had hair that had been dyed the colours you would only see in a picture of distant galaxies. He had pale skin that looked like it would never tan, but rather burn. He had a relaxed vibe air around him that vibed to the whole room. They apologized profusely to Louis for being late as they took their seats. 

Louis laughed and waved a hand. "Calum, Michael, you're literally right on time, calm down boys." 

Calum grabbed Michael's wrist and looked at the watch. "Michael! You literally told me we were late!" He cried, smacking the other boy over the head. 

Michael rubbed the back of his head and helplessly shrugged. "M'sorry, I must've looked at it wrong." 

Calum glared playfully at him before smiling at Louis. "Sorry Mr. Tomlinson, carry on." 

Corbin half smiled at them then turned his attention to the front of the room as Louis started handing out worksheets. 

                                                -------------------------------------------------

It was during lunchtime that Corbin got formally introduced to Calum and Michael. 

Corbin was sitting on the school steps, listening to music with his airpods plugged into his ears. No one had looked twice at him today, something for which he was relieved. He liked being invisible, as crazy as it sounds. Being invisible has protected him in many ways over the years, although, on the flip side being invisible has hurt him a few times as well. 

He leant back against the wall and stretched his legs out in front of him, closing his eyes and letting his mind get caught away in the music. He sat there for a few minutes before he felt a hand touch his shoulder. He jerked upright and glared at the two boys in front of him. It was the two from his Maths class, Calum and Michael right? He took out one of the airpods and raised an eyebrow, waiting for them to speak. 

Calum grinned brightly and sat down next to him, holding out his hand. "Hi! I'm Calum." 

Corbin nodded and shook his hand. "Yeah, I heard you and him during Maths." He gestured to Michael, who ran a hand through his galaxy dyed hair. 

"Sorry." He apologized, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" Corbin asked, taking his other airpod out of his ear and placing it in his lap.