chapter three

'Your smile must be a black hole, nothing can escape its pull.'

"So you're telling me that you've never been to the arcade before?" Max asked Elanor amused.

"Nope. Not once", Elanor shook her head.

"God girl! What have you been doing with your life?", the redhead exclaimed as they got close to the arcade. Honestly, Elanor never got to do whatever she wanted to in her life. Her dad always decided what she should and shouldn't do with her life and she didn't seem to complain about it. She knew her dad only wanted what was best for his daughter.

Just like that the two teens hopped off Max's bike and started looking around for the boys.

"Boo!", Mike nudged Max back making the girls jump.

"Jesus Mike!", Max rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey, Elanor!", Dustin and Will greeted her.

"Oh hey, El", Mike said softly. Elanor's eyes widen and she started to panic. Before she could even reply, Max cut her off by saying

"It's 'Elanor', Micheal", Max pointed out.

Mike just ignored her and turned his attention toward Elanor again."You don't mind me calling you 'El', right?"

"I-I guess", Elanor stuttered.

"Where's Lucas?", Max asked worriedly.

"He stayed in 'cause he had flu.", Will informed her.

"Flu?! I knew he was blowing his nose more than usual today.", Max started to panic.

"Don't worry Max, your boyfriend is fine", Dustin teased. But Max clearly wasn't in the mood. "He's not 'fine' Dustin", she snapped.

"I'm gonna go check on him", the redhead announced a moment later.

"What? Now?! Where are you going?" Will asked her but before he could even finish his sentence she started running off to her bike. "To Lucas'!", she called out one last time before pushing her feet against the pedal and riding off in a hurry.

"Love sure makes you crazy", Mike chuckled, shaking his head.

"Sure does", Dustin agreed.

With that, the four teens walked into the arcade and started to explore through the familiar sounds of machines beeping and boys cheering. Well, except for Elanor. It was her first time at the arcade and to her surprise, she kinda liked it. She always wasn't the extrovert kinda girl. There were lots of games to choose from and she didn't even know where to start. She decided to stick with 'Pac Man' after remembering Max telling her that was the easiest game in her opinion.

She slid a few coins in and started playing. She lost the first one very shortly. She signed in frustration and decided to attempt again. And again. And again but ended up losing every single time. She decided to try one last time before giving up.

She slid in the last set of coins she had left and put her hands on the button and the gear in front of her. She stared down at the screen impatiently before pressing 'start'. She started to slam her hand down the button abruptly whilst pushing the gear in various directions, eyes still glued to the screen ahead of her. She knew she was losing already but she wanted to keep playing anyway.