11: Grand Plan

Darlene woke without a frown this morning. For once, she felt content with her life, she felt safe. Penny was still asleep as she slipped out of the room.

Bexley's computer sat at the table while she was in the kitchen.

"Morning sweetie." Bexley smiled.

"Morning." Darlene flashed a small smile. She glanced at the computer screen.

"You're sending me back." Darlene murmured.

"What?" Bexley glanced away from the pancake batter.

"You're sending me back to the group home." Darlene took a sharp step away.

"No, no, Darlene-"

"I knew you didn't really want to keep me. You were just letting me stay for Penny." Darlene snapped.

"Darlene, listen." Bexley said in her mom voice, effectively shutting her up.

"I knew that you were in a group home, what I was trying to do was get you placed in our home to eventually adopt you." Bexley explained.

"You want to adopt me?" Darlene muttered.

"Yes, as long as that's what you want." Bexley nodded. Darlene stared at the floor in front of her.

"I..." She trailed off.

"You don't have to decide now." Bexley promised.

"No, I want to be adopted." Darlene stated. Bexley bit back a wide grin.

"Alright." Bexley nodded.

oOOo

"You know, I'm not really the 'make out in a dark corner of the hallway' kind of girl." Penny giggled, pressing her lips to Roman's.

"You're right, your much more the 'make out in the janitor closet' type." He chuckled, receiving a whack in the shoulder.

"Hey." She laughed as he leaned down to kiss her again.

"Ya know, we should probably head to class." He commented.

"Probably." She nodded, reaching up to kiss him one last time.

"See you later." He winked. She watched him go, before someone else grabbed her arm.

"You two seem close." Gwen smirked.

"How much did you see?" Penny sighed.

"Enough that it's permanently engraved in my brain. I am forever scarred." Gwen replied. Penny rolled her eyes at her dramatics.

"I'm happy for you, though." Gwen added.

"Thanks, I am too." Penny nodded.

"The whole school could tell." Darlene materialized next to them, causing Penny to nearly jump out of her skin.

"How many people witnessed that?" Penny sighed.

"Just us." Darlene assured her.

"I'm late for class." Gwen gasped, running off. Penny glanced at her sister.

"What happened?" Penny questioned.

"What're you talking about?" Darlene cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm not deaf, Lene, I heard you yelling this morning." Penny deadpanned.

"I thought Bexley was sending me back to the group home," Darlene started, "But she said that they were looking to adopt me."

"Really?" Penny grinned.