12: Moving In

"This is nuts." Darlene commented as she and Penny watched the adults discuss the new apartment.

"Normally is." Penny laughed.

"Are we really gonna live in a penthouse?" Darlene asked.

"Yep." Penny nodded.

"And that can just casually be afforded?" Darlene questioned.

"Well, mom and dad have been on Broadway for years. Ben and JoJo have been in a handful of movies, along with Broadway. Cara has become one of the most sought out violinists in the country. Sky, Natalie, and Nick are some of the top dancers on Broadway." Penny shrugged.

"So yes?" Darlene cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm assuming so." Penny laughed.

"Ya know, I had very low expectations for my future family." Darlene stated.

"Aren't we fun?" Penny smirked.

"Occasionally." Darlene chuckled.

oOOo

"You're moving?" Roman blinked. He and Penny had snuck off together, and were currently hiding in the public library down the road from Roman's house.

"Yeah." Penny giggled at his stunned expression.

"Where are you moving?" He asked, playing with a loose strand of her hair.

"A penthouse." She shrugged.

"As you do." He chuckled.

"Says the boy casually living in a mansion." She teased.

"Trust me, I would trade this entire estate to have a loving family like you." He stated.

"I know." She frowned slightly, scooting closer to him.

"Ya know, you can visit whenever you want. Gwen will be." Penny smiled.

"Gwen doesn't even knock." Roman chuckled.

" Because Gwen is an icon." Penny stated.

"That is true." Roman smiled.

"Oh, ya know that my last performance for Addams Family is this Friday?" She started.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"We have an extra ticket, will you come?" She asked hopefully.

"I'll be there." He promised.

"So, when do you move?" He asked.

"Tomorrow." She grinned.

"That was quick." He laughed.

"Yeah, and Natalie's due any day now." She added.

"Wow, you guys know how to keep busy." He chuckled.

"That we do."

oOOo

"JOSHUA, WHERE IS MY SHOE!" Nick shouted across the partially unpacked apartment.

"WHY WOULD I HAVE YOUR SHOE, NICOLAS?" Josh yelled back.

"BECAUSE YOU SACRIFICED ONE TO A PUDDLE, JOSHUA!" JoJo called.

"WHY ARE WE YELLING!" Penny shouted.

"What is going on?" Ana tilted her head as she, Will, Harper, and Albert stood in the middle of the livingroom.

"I FOUND MY SHOE!" Nick shouted.

"I think Nick lost his shoe, but don't worry, he found it." Albert grinned cheekily. Ana threw him a dirty look. Darlene strolled past the kids and down the hall, knocking on Penny's door.