8: Sister

" Thomas Levy? Are you sure that was his name?" Josh asked urgently.

" Yeah. He looked a lot like mommy." Ana nodded. Josh and Bexley shared a glanced.

" Wait," Penny started, " I've heard that name before. On tour for Thoroughly Modern Millie?"

" Shit." Ben cursed.

" Language!" Harper shouted.

" I thought there was a restraining order?" JoJo asked.

" There was." Bexley sighed.

" I don't understand, who was that?" Ana asked, trying to understand why the adults were so stressed.

" Biologically or legally?" Sky asked sarcastically.

" What?" Albert wrinkled his nose.

" Nothing." Cara ruffled his red hair.

" Okay, Ana, if you ever see him again, get one of us." Josh instructed.

" What's going on? I'm confused!" Tears threatened go spill from her eyes.

" Ana, it's okay. I promise you, it's okay." Bexley knelt in front of her. Ana looked between her parents.

" But who was he?" Ana asked.

" That was your grandfather, biologically. He's not a very nice person." Bexley explained.

" Is that why I didn't know him?" Ana asked.

" Essentially." Josh nodded.

" So, if I see him again, can I scream?" Ana tilted her head. Penny bit back a laugh.

" Yes." Ben nodded enthusiastically.

" As loud as you possibly can." JoJo added on.

" Wake up the city." Natalie smiled.

oOOo

" So, your mom was adopted too?" Roman asked as he and Penny walked down Broadway. Her parents had agreed to let them take a walk as long as they stuck together.

" Yeah. She's was a lot older than I was though." Penny nodded. He nodded, saying nothing.

Penny opened her mouth to say something when the person passing her shoved into her.

" Hey!" She turned to face a girl that looked too familiar.

" Wait..." Penny trailed off. Then she noticed the girl holding her wallet.

" That would be mine." Penny stated. The girl looked like she was about to belt before Roman snatched the wallet from her hands, passing it back to Penny.

" What's your name?" Penny asked, tucking her wallet into her pocket.

" Why do you care?" The girl spat.

" You just tried to pickpocket me." Penny deadpanned.

" Don't run, please, it's been a long night." Roman sighed.

" Darlene." She muttered.

" Come again?" Penny blinked. Darlene cast her a confused glare.

" Where are your parents?" Roman asked.

" My dad's in jail, I don't remember my mother, and lord knows where my sister is." Darlene replied.

" How old is your sister?" Penny asked.

" I haven't seen her since we were kids." Darlene rolled her eyes.

" How old is she?"

" I don't know, like 16?" Darlene shrugged.