23: Sandy Beaches

"Wake up!" Ana launched herself onto Penny's bed.

"How did you get in here?" Penny fell off her bed.

"I let her in," Bexley leaned against the door.

"Do we have plans at eight in the morning?" Darlene mumbled from her bed.

"Well, if you wanna go on that tour around the island and make it back in time for lunch, we might wanna leave here soon," Bexley smirked.

"Okay, fine," Darlene sighed dramatically as she rolled out of bed. Gwen was already up and changed, hair up in braids.

"Come on guys," Gwen laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, you're a morning person," Penny mumbled sleepily as Bexley and Ana made their way out of the room.

"I have a schedule that involves me finding a lad or lady and maybe getting a few hickeys in the process," Gwen replied matter of factly.

"You're insane," Penny deadpanned into her pillows.

"I'm pretty sure she's the only one fully conscious," Darlene commented from her bed, still mostly asleep.

"What's happening?" Roman and Daniel wandered into the room.

"Roman," Penny lifted her head.

"Yes, dear?" Roman replied lightly.

"Gwen's not letting me sleep," Penny pouted.

"We can take a nap when we get back," he suggested.

"Really?" Penny's eyes lit up at that.

"Yep, but you need to get up now," he held out a hand. She let him tug her out of bed, not without a hug.

"Why did I want you guys to get together so bad?" Gwen asked, looking at the couple.

"Beats me," Roman laughed.

oOOo

After their morning hike, Roman and Penny found a hammock to nap on. She was very excited. Gwen casually dropped off the face of the earth, though Darlene was pretty sure she saw her talking to a pretty blonde.

"Hey," Daniel basically collapsed onto the sand next to her. After what looked to be an exciting surfing lesson with Sky and Ben, he came back soaked to the bone and exhausted.

"Did they wear you out?" Darlene laughed as he threw an arm over his eyes.

"Yes, how are they so much older than me?" he huffed.

"Don't let them hear that," she smirked, returning her attention to her book.

"I'm hungry," he stated all of a sudden.

"Then find food," she chuckled.

"Come on," he hauled himself to his feet, holding out his hand.

"But I'm comfortable," she pouted.

"I'll pay," he replied.

"Deal," she took his outstretched hand, ignoring the shock that was sent through her body. They made their way over to one of the random bars that served everything from pretzels to alcohol. Daniel went to order them snacks while Darlene found a barstool.

"Oh, hottie," a teenage boy called from a few feet away. Darlene tensed, not daring a glance over her shoulder. She felt a presence loom over her shoulder.