22: Vacation

"Is everyone ready to go?" Bexley asked. After the events at the school, the parents agreed that they needed out of the city for a little bit. After planning with Gwen's, Roman's, and Daniel's families, they all were going on a trip.

"Mommy, where's my blue hairbrush?" Harper rushed into the livingroom.

"Why do you specifically need a blue hair brush?" Sky asked casually.

"Because Rachel Elizabeth Dare threw a blue hairbrush at Kronos at Olympus on top of the empire state building in the middle of the battle against monsters," Harper explained.

"You know what, I regret asking," Sky replied.  JoJo pulled a blue hairbrush from her bag, passing it to her daughter.

"To the airport we go," Nick called, Reyna's baby carrier in hand.

oOOo

"You excited?" Gwen asked as she, Penny, and Darlene stood in line at the Subway in the airport.

"Absolutely," Penny grinned.

"You're just excited to get some time with Roman," Darlene rolled her eyes.

"Could say the same about you and Daniel," Penny elbowed her sister.

"Nothing is going on between me and Daniel," Darlene lightly returned the shove.

"What about me?" Daniel and Roman joined the girls in line. After the shooting, Daniel and Darlene became better friends, and by default, he became friends with the rest of them. The "bad blood," as Gwen so eloquently called it, was left behind.

"Nothing, Penny's being dumb," Darlene replied playfully. Penny stuck her tongue out at her sister before giving Roman a hug.

"I swear if you guys make the fifth wheel, we will have words," Gwen said before turning to give her order.

"You're nuts," Darlene whispered loudly.

oOOo

Darlene gripped the armrest of her seat as the plane took off. She had never been in a plane before, and frankly, she would've rather found any other way to Hawaii.

"You okay?" Daniel whispered from the seat next to her.

"Peachy," she clenched her eyes shut. Daniel let out a soft chuckle, pulling her hand off the armrest and tangling his fingers with hers. She immediately gripped onto his hand, not taking the time to care about what her sister and Gwen were undoubtedly going to say.

"How long is this flight?" Darlene asked, opening her eyes.

"About eleven hours," Daniel replied.

"Of course," she sighed dramatically.

oOOo

"Whoa," Penny gasped as she walked into the hotel room. The three girls were sharing a room between their families, and the boys were across the hall.

"Double whoa," Darlene look out the balcony doors to their amazing view of the ocean.

"I'm never leaving," Gwen announced, dropping onto a bed.

"Hawaii is already amazing and we've only been here for a few hours," Penny spun around the room.

"You guys have a good view?" Roman and Daniel strolled through the open door.

"Wow, this is much better than ours," Daniel nodded.

"What are we doing first?" Penny asked excitedly.

"We literally just got here," Roman chuckled.

"Kids, we're leaving for dinner in about ten minutes," JoJo stuck her head in the door.

"We're going for dinner first," Roman poked Penny in the side.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," she rolled her eyes.

"This is gonna be fun," Darkene muttered.

This is short, but it's kinda a sneak peak of what's coming. Hope you enjoyed! Until next time