15: Tattoos

"Reyna, you need to sleep." Nick tried to console is screaming one week old.

"I think she disagrees." Natalie commented sarcastically from their bed.

"Did you try singing to her?" Natalie sighed, rolling out of bed.

"No," Nick stared at her in horror, "I will not make our child a singing child."

"Why?" Natalie laughed.

"Because once you sing once, you can never stop." Nick stated.

"Whatever you say, babe." Natalie chuckled, lifting Reyna into her arms.

"Look around, look around, at how lucky you are to be alive right now. Look around, look around." Natalie sang. Nick heaved a sigh before joining in.

"How long have you know?"

"A month or so." Natalie flashed him a grin. The pair continued to sing until Reyna was fast asleep.

"We have a singing child now." Nick whispered, smiling none the less.

oOOo

Darlene had been minding her own business, up until she rammed right into Daniel Owens.

"Watch it." He jumped. When he registered her face, he went to apologize but she beat him to it.

"I'm not the one taking up half the hallway." Darlene snapped.

"I'm not the one who wasn't looking where I was going." Daniel shot back, not caring who she was, "At least I'm not daydreaming."

"At least I can daydream, unlike the cobwebs that must be in your head." Darlene nearly growled, shoving past him. Gwen fell into step next to her.

"Sexual tension." Gwen coughed.

"Shut up." Darlene shot her a glare that Gwen simply laughed off. It didn't go unnoticed by her friend that Daniel was watching as she left.

oOOo

"I'm telling you, he likes her." Gwen stated, sitting on Penny's bed. Penny sat at her window sill, and Darlene had run to the restroom.

"You said he liked me too, though." Penny laughed.

"Yeah, but I think he actually likes her. He was just attracted to you physically, no offense." Gwen replied.

"None taken, but, let's say you're right. Would those two even work out together?" Penny asked.

"It'll be a disaster." Gwen shrugged. Penny threw her a look.

"They're both hot headed." Gwen said.

"True, maybe they'd find a way to level each other out." Penny suggested.

"Yeah, but it depends if she even likes him." Gwen nodded.

"She'll tell you no." Penny laughed.

"You think?" Gwen cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah." Penny nodded.

"Hey." Darlene slipped back into the room, sitting at Penny's computer chair.

"Hey D?" Gwen started, "Do you like Daniel?"