Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Autumn's POV

My feet trudge along through the desert-like environment with Harry not even inches away. Our intertwined hands swing in between us as I hum a song from the past. A light smile is imprinted on my face, never to be wiped away as long as he is with me. The small breeze scatters dirt across the ground at our feet leaving an orange tint to our shoes.

"What are we going to do when we get back home," Harry speaks up. "Take a nice shower and sleep hopefully. I just want to face plant into the bed." Harry laughs and leans his body even closer to my own. "You're adorable when you're tired," I blush wildly and turn my face away. The small amount of moonlight is just enough to give away our facial expressions but I'm sure he doesn't need to see my blush to know that it's there.

A sharp squeal leaves my lips as my body quickly hurdles to the ground. My knee hits flat, hard rock while my ankle stays in place. The pain is prominent, and excruciating break following my ankle up to my knee. "Autumn," Harry gasps. He is down by my side in seconds trying to help me sit up. Tears fall from my eyes as he pokes and prods at my knee and ankle. "Your knee has a small fracture, but your ankle has an extreme break, the bone is sticking out. Autumn holy shit how are you feeling right now? Talk to me." I grab his cheeks and lean my forehead to his to keep myself from fainting. My efforts are ineffective as the darkness surrounds my eyes and I feel my head begin to fall back.

"Autumn, open your eyes Autumn," Harry's voice finds my ears in what feels like a blur. Warm lips are felt against the skin of my cheek, leaving me speechless. Sunlight warms my skin between gentle breezes that cool it. A few incoherent groans leave my mouth as I begin to open my eyes and it takes me a moment to realize that I'm moving. Harry is carrying me in his arms and I can see the hospital a few yards away from us. I find myself looking back up to Harry's face, his strength shining through every inch of his body.

"We're home baby, but you have to go to the hospital." I simply nod and curl myself further into Harry's chest, my head close to his shoulder. "I want you to bite my shoulder when it hurts okay? The breeze is going to irritate your ankle and so is the movement. We'll be there soon but the pain is going to be excruciating since you're awake," his words prove to be true as a shock of pain courses up through my body. My teeth find themselves in his shoulder, biting down to take attention away from the pain. He doesn't wince at all but I feel terrible for doing this to him.

Two hours later Harry and I are sat in a recuperating room that the doctor ordered me to stay in for half an hour. "What are you thinking about?" Harry's voice interrupts my torturous thoughts. "My past, that's all." His smile turns to a frown. "Why would you ever think about that," his fingers interlock with mine. I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder, trying to come up with the words. "It's hard in silence, not to think of the worst times in your life. You can be happy every other second, but the second you let your mind wander you're caught off guard and thrown into memories that put you through hell."

Before Harry has a chance to speak a nurse walks in with a clipboard in her hands. "Autumn?" I nod. "You're free to go," she walks back out of the door, obviously uninterested. "Well then," I breath out and Harry helps me stand and go to the bathroom. I'm handed a maroon pair of leggings and a black top. "Thank you," I smile at Harry before closing the door to get dressed.

I tell Harry that I'm finished through the door and he opens it for me. My body leans against him and the door as he helps me put a grey beanie and a black coat on. "Here, sit down love." I smile down at him as he slips the large sock over my cast and begins to put the boot over my uninjured foot. "You don't have to do all of this you know," I whisper and he scoffs. "Of course I do."

His blushing cheeks hold the dimples of his smile as his green eyes meet mine. He opens his mouth but closes it a moment later. Hands intertwine with mine leaving me breathless. "I know I'm falling for you. And I don't want to stop. I just don't know how to show you," he whispers. "Kiss me," my lips inch closer to his. "With pleasure," he pulls me to his body and plants his lips on mine.

His face draws closer to my own once again, leaving my heart racing. Before his lips can meet mine a deep rumble shakes the hospital and sends heat through the thick upper level window beside us. "What the hell was that," the screams outside confirm Harry's question before I could even answer it. That was a bomb, but not the ones we were used to. No, this was so much worse.

**a/n yay an update. And I have strange news, I actually sort of went on a date yesterday, I was social wow that's new. Please don't forget to follow, vote, comment, and share I love knowing how you guys are liking the book. Thank you lovelies. xx**