Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Autumn's POV

"Evangeline I need a soldier's uniform." The frail woman stares at me in shock. Covered in bruises tear stains and rain drops wearing combat boots, black skinny jeans and one of Harry's flannels. "Autumn I.." I cut her off before she can try to talk me out of my determined state. "Eva no. I know you saw what happened yesterday. And you need to know that there is no way in hell that I will abandon him to die on his own. I have to find him." She shakes her head weakly with eyes full of sorrow. "It's not safe Autumn. You'll die out there." My voice weakens to a whisper, "he's all I have. I'm going to die without him anyways. I know I'm weak, I know I'm nothing without him protecting me. I've got to prove myself yes, but I also know I won't make it through this war without him."

"Honey, they don't even have female uniforms," I sigh. "But, I can get you into something that will distinguish you as someone 'not to mess with' as you would say. I know who you can go to for weapons, we'll go together after dressing you." I wrap my arms around her small body. "Thank you Eva."

Half an hour later the bruising on my face and hands is the only bright color on my body. A weatherproof black one piece adorns my body, covered with a grey head and shoulder wrap. Buckled boots protect my feet thoroughly from mud and water for crossing country. Power radiates off of my body, leaving me breathless. "The men's uniforms are green, this should do you just fine." I thank Evangeline before she leads me to an almost fully burned down building. "What is this place?" Eva only shakes her head and leads me through the rubble. My foot hits a flat surface after trudging through the rubble and I look down to see a small door. She opens the door and leads me down to a wide basement with a sleeping man and walls of weapons. "Wow," I breath out.

All around me are knives, guns, and ammunition of all shapes and sizes. "Really Joseneph, you think that you'd at least lock the door if you were going to sleep." Evangeline walks over to the older man, who had been startled awake, and kisses the top of his head. "Hello to you too my love," his deep American accent contrasts deeply with Eva's light British accent. "Who's this... interestingly dressed young lady?" I would've laughed in a different situation, but as rude as it sounds I'm in an extremely large hurry. Harry could be being shot at this very second. I cringe, letting a tear escape my eye at the thought but say nothing of it.

"This is Autumn. She needs weapons to go after dear Harold. He got caught up in the draft and has been dragged away." Joseneph looks at me with concern but only sticks out his hand to shake mine. "You're very strong at heart." I thank him as he walks to a wall of knives and picks out one with a strong curve. "Slicing will suit you better than stabbing, in your boot," he hands me the knife. I slip it into my boot as he said and he hands me a few hand guns, a larger gun to strap to my back, and a surplus of ammunition. "As I said, you are strong at heart. But that won't be enough." He goes back to sitting in his chair. Evangeline leads me back upstairs and we walk to the city limits in silence.

When we reach the city limits I turn and wrap my arms around her once again. "Thank you Evangeline, for everything you've done for Harry and I." Her arms tighten around me. "Bring him back to us." I release her and hold a stern look. "Of course." "Don't let them win." I begin walking away, the direction the troops took on their way out. "Never," I promise her and myself.

**a/n short update again I'm sorry. Besides that I hope you guys enjoy! Please don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and share. Thank you lovelies. xx**