This Means War (A Harry Styles Fanfiction)

Prologue

Autumn

The sirens scream in my ears once again as I run down the street as fast as possible. With my bag in hand I trudge through the rain to a home that will hopefully still be there if I arrive. My body crashes with a larger one as I round a corner, causing me to fall to the wet ground.

"Here," a raspy voice says. I can barely see his outstretched hand but I grab it anyway and let him help me up. "I'm so so sorry," I whisper. "It's not an issue love," I look up at the stranger's face at the new nickname.

"England," I ask over the sirens. "And you're American I'm assuming," he leans casually against the wall. "You're pretty good at assuming things," why did I just say that? What the hell Autumn? I'm surprised when he chuckles lowly.

I jump at the first explosion and a whimper escapes my lips. "Hey it'll be okay," the stranger promises. "What's your name love," he asks the question I always dread with strangers. I sigh. "Autumn Joy," I mumble.

"That's a lovely name for a lovely American. My name's Harry Styles, please don't laugh." Another explosion a little closer. "I never laugh at people," I promise and it was the truth. I always refused to judge people because no matter what they all have a heart.

Harry smiles and lays a hand on my shoulder. "I hope to see you again soon Autumn." Another explosion. "And please be careful," he adds.

"As careful as I can be in World War three," I sigh. Another explosion and his other hand on my other shoulder. "I'm serious. They've got some bad things planned for us here, we screwed up big time and they're all going to let us know that so just keep yourself and your family safe," another three explosions that shake the ground and my already jumbled emotions. I nod and say goodnight before walking off, leaving the stranger- Harry, confused I'm sure.

My house is down a few streets from here, I should be there soon. More explosions. I sigh knowing this won't be over for maybe an hour or two. At least I'll be safe with my family for a little while at home. All of them are staying there now since the war began. My mom, brothers, sister, and aunt and uncle all under one roof with me.

Finally I'm he- oh no.

** I'm not really sure, I just got the idea and went with it. We'll see how it goes. Thank you xx **