Mother Knows Best: AU2 Chapter 31

AUTHORS NOTE: So this chapter has two events in it. Ethan tells louise that hes going to propose to V early next year, which creates some very interesting tensions- There's an emergency meeting at Edenbrook regarding all second years and mentors that show the hospitals changes are just beginning and we also get a sneek peek of whats instore for the new years eve special. Here is 'Mother Knows Best' and I hope you enjoy :)

 Here is 'Mother Knows Best' and I hope you enjoy :)

Ethan

Christmas had been and passed, which meant back to Edenbrook for its last week.

Thursday will be its closing day so the refurbishments can continue and thankfully that is something Leland and I  both agree on for the sake of everyones mental health.

I finished doing my last bits of paperwork, and signed off the final form and sacked them to one side, before taking off my glasses, and relaxed in my chair as I took out my phone and smiled.

Every time when works pressures become too stressful, it's the curly-haired, rosy-cheeked angel of a girl who sits as my screen saver who keeps me going. The way she smiles at the flowers...the snow falling around her....

Shes simply breathtaking....

The door opened, and i put my phone back in my pocket when the exact woman i had been thinking about walked into the room.

"Hey doctor ramsey." She smiled.

"doctor Valentine, how can i help you?"

She looked around and behind her, before leaning across the desk and brushing a kiss to my lips.

"thats all i really wanted to do."

I smiled and kissed her once more softly before standing up and going around to her at the front of the desk as she perched herself on the edge.

"okay not the only thing. But the main thing. I finished out at the free clinic signed for the packages downstairs. I was wondering how much paperwork we need to do?"

"youll be happy to know that we only have one set left do and then we'll be done for the new year."

"Oh thank god because i don't think i can sign read any more contracts." She giggled.

I put my hands on her waist and said "well, luckily you will havee a very very consistent time off after Thursday."

"good...perfect way to start new year. And...doesn't it happen to be your birthday soon?" she bit her lip with a smile as she draped her arms over my shoulders.

"Hm...another year older."

"Maybe, but your still the birthday boy..." she kissed my cheek.

"at the grand old age of 38?" i chuckled.

"you're my birthday boy." She giggled and kissed my lips.