Power And Control: AU2 Chapter 41

AUTHOURS NOTE: Well, this chapter is everywhere - not in a bad way! but its a LOT steamy, a LOT fluffy and angsty! Todays chapter we see the diagnostics team work on the case of Martha Herringbow...however a few members of the team seem to be at an odds with eachother. It gets tense...This is 'Power And Contol' and I hope you enjoy! :)

This is 'Power And Contol' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Ethan

I sat behind my desk with  my fingers pent and a set brow, Monroe leaning against the conference table and baz sitting at the table itself as we all found ourselves debating and talking about the events of the day thus far.

"I've already made up my mind that i don't trust him. take away the whole hospital thing for a moment. think about V. We know that Anita and Richard did not just suddenly decide to try and screw her over with the outcome of these exams. He's already tried blackmailing once.  So as far as I go, I don't trust him." James said.

"There's nothing to trust. theres something greater than this and im not even sure what that is. But for starters, bloom is trying to screw V over and bu doing that he's screwing the whole team over. That's motive enough that things arent as it seem." i raised a brow as i kept my focus on the desk.

"yes, it's a bad move on his half. but this is the whole hospital we're talking about here guys. theres nothing to suggest that his intentions are bad over all."

James looked to Baz and said "It still doesn't sit right with me. He's already interfered with the team, and hey, I know I was put on here by him but at no point have i tried to manipulate a 27 year old girl. And I respect that kid more than I respect leland bloom, richard boeing and anita swindon put together."

"Couldnt agree more. Not only has she worked damn hard to get that respect, she gives it out too." i stated

The door opened, and I looked up as V came in with a few dossiers and said "hey guys. I photocopied the patients report. is... everything okay in here?"

"James and Ethan are being conspirators." baz sighed as V took her white coat off.

My brow furrowed slightly and i said "there's nothing wrong with being cautious. I have no problem with authority in general, but the way bloom is meddling already...it confirms my suspicions."

she handed me the original folder back with a raised brow and she said "now we know that's not true, you do have some problem with authority."

"only when its given by the wrong people." i gave a half smile to which she returned as i took it.

"But I dont get it, what isnt there to trust? Thanks to him the hospital is the most state of the art in the country. have you seen the research lab?"

"do i look like a researcher?" I raised a brow as i pented my hands once more

"Even I said the modernization would help us out. but it doesn't take away from the fact that patient care itself doesn't seem to be number one on the agenda. thank you." james said as V handed him his folder