Monroe: AU2 Chapter 24

AUTHORS NOTE:  Hi! Welcome to another AU Chapter. Today we meet a brand new character. This part is quite introductory, but it doesn't lack its humor and of course some great fluff! We will surely be seeing drama , and this chapter foreshadows what is to come...This is 'Monroe' and I hope you enjoy! :)

This is 'Monroe' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

Ethan and I stood outside Edenbrook the following morning, looking at the large and... somewhat different, exterior of Edenbrook hospital.

It's the same.

But so so very different in another way.

E looked to me and said "Are you ready?"

"...No."

I looked up to him and flicked my eyes between his and the doors. "Are you?"

"....of course not. But are we ever ready for anything?"

I smiled and shrugged "I suppose not."

Our gaze landed back in front of us, and in that moment, we made our first new steps into the unkown.....

------

We went inside and already, there was chaos. Builders, tarps being laid out, the sound of drills and hammers creating the most dreadful-

"Excuse me!"

A builder came by with a plank of wood and I gasped as it nearly knocked into my head, Ethan pulling me a few paces back.

"You okay?" 

I giggled and said "I have a lot of hair, even if it did hit me i wouldn't have gotten a concussion."

He smiled and shook his head drawing me close and placing a kiss on my temple before we, carefully this time, made our way across the atrium.

"So Bloom really wasn't kidding about 'breaking in', huh?" my eyes widened.

"How does he even get things done so fast? Do you remember how long it took for the staff elevator to get fixed?"

"Hm to long. it was just my luck that I had a patient on the top floor for like a week. although I'm almost 90 percent sure zaid put me on that case out of spite."

"Sounds an awful lot like zaid."

We turned and went up the stairs, the sounds of hammers and drills becoming more prominent and i rolled my eyes. "Im just glad we have a soundproof office. something tells me this will be going on for a while."

"Well, we're only here a couple of days, and then we're closing back up. Im sure the headache will remain though."

"whys that?" i raised a brow as i looked to him.