Chapter 20: Admit It

4 days until Christmas

Third POV

CA, LA

The house was deadly quiet as the group returned home. The streets around it were less busy than usual, making it seem like time has slowed down.

It's currently two am at the moment, and after spending nearly twelve hours at the hospital, they're finally going to get some rest.

Did they have a fun time at the hospital? Not necessarily to be honest. After finding out about their parent's surgery, they stayed until they could be out of the surgical room. All that they found out after that was that their parents had to be induced into a coma because of possible brain injuries that could be fatal.

That news, really brought all of them down, especially Nora. Right when they got back, she left the others to head to her own little space. No one bothered to go after her, and no one knew if they should even try.

"Uhm, you guys can sleep here.....the couch should be big enough for the both of you." Kristen said quietly, pointing to the piece of furniture that was twice as big as the one the twins had back in New York.

Rob nodded, silently thanking her. Kristen hesitated for a second, staring at Rob with an unreadable expression.

"Good night." She said after a while, waving a tiny wave towards the boys. They waved back, waiting for her to exit the room before they situated themselves on separate sides of the couch.

"Do you think they'll be ok?" Chandler questioned, his voice low and tired sounding.

Rob shrugged, but Chandler probably couldn't see it in the darkness. "I hope they'll be ok. Nora doesn't look so good."

"Well of course not idiot, her parents might die." Chandler scolded, hitting Rob in the back of the head.

"Wow, way to sugar coat it." Rob scoffed back, hitting Chandler.

Chandler rolled his eyes, leaning back on the couch. "Whatever. I'm tired so, let's get some shut eye." He sighed, crawling over to the other side of the couch.

Rob debated for a slight second if he should chuck a pillow at Chandler, but he decided against it since he doesn't want to hear his whining all night. Rob sighed loudly, plopping down onto the bouncy cushions.

"Try to keep your snoring to a minimum." Rob joked, pulling up the blanket that he brought, up to his chin.

Chandler chuckled, "No promises."

A weird rustling sound snapped Rob wide awake, his heart pounding at the foreign feeling. His eyes darted all around the black room, nothing but Chandler's snoring filling his ears.

"Sorry...." Nora whispered, her hands over her mouth as she stood a few feet away from the couch.

"The hell, don't do that again." Rob breathed, clutching his shirt tightly.

Nora nodded, "I was just going to go outside for a bit....mind joining me?"

Even though Rob knew that it was cold outside, he just couldn't resist that face Nora gave him. He reluctantly got up, throwing on his coat as he strolled outside.

He could slightly see his breath as the temperatures slowly dropped, causing him to shiver. Their parent's backyard is big; so big at you could probably fit three swimming pools in it.