Chapter 15: Too Much

Third POV

3 years ago....

"You're going out with Caden again? Girl it's been a week and you've already went out on...." Kristen exasperated, taking a moment to count the days on her fingers, "Like ten dates! Seriously, you guys see each other too much."

"Seems like someone is jealous." Nora rolled her eyes, smilingly teasingly at her enraged sister.

"Why would I be jealous? He's not that hot anyways."

"You take that back!" Nora shouted, playfully pushing her sister down onto the couch.

"I'm just kidding! Chill." Kristen laughed, sitting up on the grey couch, "Go have fun, and stop coming home so late."

Nora reached over and gave Kristen a quick hug, "Thanks sis, and no promises." Nora winked.

"Get out before I change my mind." Kristen pointed at the door, waiting for Nora to open it and not come back until midnight.

Nora chuckled one more time before grabbing her coat and purse, opening the door in a hurry, leaving without looking back.

"God, that girl is something else." Kristen mumbled, knowing that no one was around to hear her. She settled herself comfortably on the large couch, noticing how peaceful the apartment was when it was just her in it.

Right then and there, her phone rang. She groaned, getting up sluggishly and trudged over to the table that it was situated on. She picked it up, reading a familiar name appear on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey my lovely daughter!"

Kristen chuckled, putting her hand on her hip, "Hey there dad, what's up?"

"Just checking in you know? Oh yeah, be at the airport in an hour; me and your mom are coming to New York!"

Kristen's eyes widened at the information, "Wait—"

"Bye!" The line went dead, leaving a very confused Kristen standing alone in the middle of her living room.

She looked over at the clock situated on the white wall, seeing that it has already been around twenty minutes of her just standing there. Something about the news just completely shocked Kristen, knowing that her parents are freaking busy with their company. Too busy to come to New York, which was all the way on the other side of the states from where they lived California.

She tried to snap out of her daze, knowing that the drive to the airport was decently far, so she had to leave now. She quickly searched the giant space for her car keys, followed by another search for her purse.

The green eyed girl brushed her somewhat long hair out of her face, tying it into a ponytail. She's been seriously thinking about cutting it, but she hasn't found the time to.

Her feet padded down the long flights of stairs of the apartment building. She could have taken the elevator, but she figured that the exercise will do her some good.

She reached the door to the outside, opening it to reveal the warm temperature of today. The clouds were slightly blanketing the sky, almost fully covering up the sun.

She found her car almost right away in the public parking lot, hopping into it with a plop. She adjusted her mirrors and her seat, turning the key to hear the ignition roar awake.

She had around forty minutes to get to the airport before her parents get angry that she's late. Hopefully the traffic today isn't as bad as it is usually.