Chapter 21: Together

3 days until Christmas

Third POV

CA, LA

A knock on the door brought Kristen out of her mindless daze, her gaze shifting up to meet Chandler standing by her side.

"It's late Kristen, we gotta go." He whispered, glancing up at the two beds Kristen was sitting at the foot of. The endless beeping sounds of the machines keeping her parent's alive filling the room.

"Oh, ok." Kristen breathed, glancing up at the clock only to realize that it was already one am once again.

She got up with a slight stumble, Chandler's hands reaching out to catch her in case she did fall.

"I'm fine." Kristen said in a flat tone, waving Chandler away.

"Let's go." Chandler whispered again, a softer tone in his voice, something that Kristen never hears from him.

Kristen nodded, letting Chandler lead her out of the room, but not before she took one last glance at her parents.

"Hey." Rob softly said, standing up to greet Chandler and Kristen in the waiting room.

Kristen didn't reply, instead she walked right past all of them, even passing by her own sister.

"I've never seen her this sad." Rob sighed, leaning against the wall.

Nora looked down, "Me too. But, let's not worry too much, Kristen always pulls through, no matter what."

"If you say so." Chandler glanced over at Kristen's slumped figure, wishing there could be a way to remove that frown off her face.

"Come on." Rob pushed Nora and Chandler towards the exit, all of them tired beyond belief.

The car ride had a strange excruciating quietness to it. Rob's hands gripped the wheel tightly as the rest of the went to sleep.

He passed by many signs, pictures of movie stars and companies gloating off their success right in everybody else's faces.

He remembers the time that he used to envy those types of people. He used to wonder how it's so easy to be so successful, and why he hasn't achieved that yet.

But now, he doesn't. He doesn't care about those flashy cameras showing off other people's work, somehow wishing that it would be his work that they are showing off. At the moment, he couldn't be happier. Even though the situation that they are in absolutely sucks, it's an opportunity to become closer to Kristen and Nora, maybe even Chandler.

They've told each other their struggles, shared laughs, and most importantly, they strived through them all. And Rob plans to keep it that way; he wants to fight with them through the troubled times, and he knows that they'll all get out of it together.

His eyes spotted the familiar street he's driven down way too many times in the past few days he's been here, turning when the opportunity came.

He made his way into the driveway, the feeling of the car stopping waking everyone else up.

"Are we here?" Chandler groggily said in the passengers seat, stretching his arms a little.

Rob hummed, unbuckling his seatbelt. He climbed out of the car, shivering when the cold air hit him straight in the face.

"Hurry, it's freezing out here." He trembled, running towards the house entrance.

Chandler ran after Rob, but the twins took their sweet time. Rob wouldn't even be surprised at this point if either of them got hypothermia from how long they were choosing to stay in the chilly temperatures.