Chapter 18: News

Back to the present....

NY, NYC

Third POV

"Don't leave me hanging! Then what happened?" Rob groaned, pulling at Nora's coat with a pouty face staining his face.

Nora held back a grin, pulling her arm away from Rob's grip. She stood up, placing her hand under Rob's chin.

"Well, not everything in life is fair, plus, it's late, so let's go back inside." She held out her hand, silently asking for Rob's.

Rob rolled his eyes, a small smile showing as well. He took Nora's hand, standing up with a slight stumble.

He shivered, realizing how cold it's gotten since they've gotten up here. "Yeah, let's go inside. At this rate I'm going to get frost bite for sure." He joked, pulling Nora down the stairs and back to the apartment.

As they descended the stairs, a peaceful quiet blanketed them. They walked fairly close to each other; their arms slightly touching each other's.

When they arrived back at the large space, they were met with pure tranquility. A quiet and dark apartment laid before their eyes, a hint of awkwardness vibing off the both of them.

"Uhm.."

"Uhm..."

"We should-"

"Yeah-"

"Night?"

"Mhm....night."

Their hand gestures just made everything even more hilariously awkward. Without another word, both of them separated in different directions, not taking a chance to look back at each other.

Rob slowly realized that he was supposed to sleep on the couch, so when he found himself heading in a direction that he didn't even know the destination to, he silently cursed at himself.

"God Rob, stop letting her get to you." He mumbled, rubbing his forehead aggressively.

His feet took him over to the gigantic couch, his hands searching for a spot to lay on. His body plopped down onto the soft surface, bouncing a little as he adjusted to get comfortable.

He placed one hand over his forehead, another searching for a nearby blanket. He pulled the cotton cloth over his body, snuggling up under the warmth it gave him.

He felt his eyes close and reopen, eyelids growing heavy as the much needed desire of sleep finally took over.

The next morning, he awoke to the gentle and inviting smell of pancakes and bacon being cooked up on the stove. The scent alone was enough to get his stomach growling as he sat up from his position that he was sleeping in.

His eyes wandered over to the kitchen, finding a very awake Kristen standing there with an apron on her.

Rob rubbed his eyes tiredly, letting out a small yawn, diverting Kristen's attention over to him.

Kristen smiled at him, turning back around to face the pan, "You look like you slept well."

Rob grumbled incoherent words back, reluctantly pushing the blanket off his body as he strolled over to Kristen with a sluggish step.

"Yeah I guess. Your couch is comfy." He yawned once again, leaning against the counter behind Kristen.

"Well, I hope you like pancakes and bacon, cause that's what I made." She laughed, earning a laugh from Rob as well.