Chapter 27: Come On

Back to the present

🍩 Third POV 🍩

"Still not here?" Rob sighed, sitting down next to Nora at the small table they've been meeting at for the past few days.

Chandler shook his head. "I don't think she's ever gonna show up at this point."

Nora looked at the both of them with a worrisome look, knowing how Kristen is and how stubborn she can be at times. Believe it or not, Kristen can be even more stubborn and hard to convince than Nora.

"She hasn't answered anyone's calls?" Rob asked the group.

Everyone shook their head, including Rob. He pulled out his phone, seeing all of the canceled calls and voicemails he's tried to leave Kristen. The endless messages dragged on and on and every time he tries, he ends up on read.

"Nora, she's your sister. You got to know where the crap she is." Chandler groaned, voice drained, sleep deprived.

She gave him a unsure look. "Yeah I know that, but at the same time I know that she'll come around sooner or later."

"But when exactly is sooner or later? We have to book this place by next week, and all the invitations have been sent out." Rob rationed, feeling like they were running out of time fast.

"I think it's pretty important that she attends her dad's own funeral." Chandler leaned back in the chair, agreeing with what Rob said.

Nora nodded at the both of them, showing her understanding. "I get what both of you are trying to say, but at the same time I need you to remember that I'm her twin. I know what makes her angry and what causes her to shield herself off from others."

"Which is?" Rob beckoned for further explanation.

Nora looked down, feeling guilty.

"I'm the reason this time unfortunately."

"Why would you say that?" Chandler and Rob tilted their heads like curious puppies.

Nora's fingers gripped the lace table cloth, feeling the slippery material fall out of her hold.

"She's not that hard to read." She chuckled sadly, that smile that flashed across her face for a second disappearing really quickly.

Rob reached out, hand placed on her shoulder, giving her a comforting squeeze. "It's going to be ok. Come here."

Nora complied, scooting her chair closer to Rob as he did his best to give her a side hug. Nora relished in the feeling, inhaling Rob's calming fragrance.

Chandler sat not too close and not too far from them, only a grin plastered on his face as he watched the cute interaction in front of him.

"Stop staring." Rob scolded, pulling away from the hug, shooting Chandler an annoyed gaze.

"If you do it in front of me you can't blame me for wanting to look." Chandler chuckled, rolling his eyes right as the door bursted open.

Everyone jumped, heads darting towards the sound, only for them to become more confused than ever.

Kristen strolled towards them as if nothing is wrong between any of them. That tension and those bitter feelings emitting from her for the past few weeks evaporating in a heartbeat with a smile that she plastered on her face.

"Hey! What's up?" She greeted, grabbing a chair from the nearby rack, unfolding it to sit right next to Nora.

Nora could automatically feel the strange vibe Kristen was trying to hide, causing her to lean close to her, whispering into her ear.