Chapter 13: Gloomy Grey

Third POV
NYC, NY

"Come on, who was that person?" Chandler whined, not giving the group a break.

Kristen turned around and pinched Chandler's arm, earning another whine from him.

"You keep doing that and every time it hurts more! Can you just please tell me? I'm an impatient man." He begged, rubbing his very sore arm.

Kristen rolled her eyes for probably the thousandth time, "What did I say? It's none of your business." She sternly said, staring the annoying man down.

Chandler backed off a little, seeming a bit intimidated. He mumbled something that Kirsten couldn't make out, walking over to Rob.

Chandler started chatting and rambling about god knows what to Rob, but Rob wasn't paying attention to any of it. All he really cared about at the moment was Nora; that look on her face wasn't sitting right with him. Meaning that whoever the heck that was, is someone that Nora wanted to forget about.

"Ok ok! Can you shut up already? Not everyone wants to hear your voice 24/7." Rob grumbled, walking ahead of Chandler.

Chandler sighed, pulling out his phone to look at.

Rob dashed forward, making sure to be careful of the ice. He caught up to the two girls, both of them giving Rob a weird look.

"Sorry about him, he's really, REALLY a handful sometimes." He apologized, giving both of them a tiny smile.

Kristen nodded, not very interested in what Rob had to say. Rob could tell that her protective sister side has kicked in, since she's literally guarding Nora, seemingly afraid that Rob will touch her.

"Where are we heading?" Rob asked, not really directed towards anyone. Kristen turned her head towards him, her green eyes piercing through his scared blue ones, "We're going back to the apartment. You guys can come if you want to."

Rob's expressions turned confused; he didn't expect that. He gave Kristen a thumbs up, giving both the girls some space.

As he walked behind them, he couldn't help but notice how Nora sluggishly trudged through the snow. He could tell with every part of him that something is definitely bothering her, and he doesn't know if he should ask.

But he really cares for Nora. Maybe before he didn't know that, but now he does. His heart ached seeing her so blue. She really had an effect on him that he hasn't experienced with anyone else.

The rest of the walk was filled with unnatural silence. Usually, Chandler or Kristen would be cracking jokes, while rob and Nora laughed at them, but this stroll was quiet, too quiet. Everything felt out of place, and it affected everyone.

They were all freezing by the time they got back, due to the temperature drop on the way. Everyone entered the apartment in a hurry, taking off their coats and wet shoes. The interior of the gigantic space emitted a hug of warmth.

"Hey uhm, where's the bathroom?" Chandler questioned, jumping up and down.

Kristen pointed to the left hallway, "First door on the right. Don't use the green soap because it's face wash." She replied back, her tone almost sounded like she was talking to a child.

Chandler thanked her, dashing away. A door closed somewhere, followed by an, "AhhHhhhhH"

Kristen giggled a little while Rob facepalmed. They looked over at Nora, who had no reaction.

If not even Chandler's weirdness makes her laugh, then nothing will.

"Y'all want to set up the Christmas tree? Get into the Christmas spirit?" Kristen suggested, sounding excited.