Chapter 24: Christmas Surprises

CA, LA

Christmas Day

Third POV

The LA sunshine was slowly peaking around the closed curtains of the living room, creating such a dim, but beautiful atmosphere in the room.

No one stirred awake from it, and no one was fazed by it. They were all just in a peaceful slumber as they slightly tossed and turned on the floor.

A hand smacking Rob's face is what woke him up. Both the pain and the randomness of the action shot him right up from his sleeping position.

"Ow." He mumbled, still half asleep. His eyes darted around the room, soon realizing where he was and who was with him.

"What?" Chandler mumbled from besides him, yawning loudly as he stretched his stiff body.

"You smacked me in the face, that's what." Rob scoffed, rubbing his red cheek.

"Shut up, go back to sleep." Another voice mumbled, belonging to Kristen.

"It's already eleven in the morning. I think we should get up." Rob yawned, talking loud enough to reach both of the twin's ears.

Rob glanced over to Nora, who was slightly leaning on her elbow as she surveyed her surroundings.

"Isn't it Christmas today?" She whispered, her eyes struggling to stay open.

"Oh yeah, it is." Chandler answered, looking over at the clock on the wall.

"That means we can exchange presents now." Rob said, trying to wake everyone up and get them excited.

"I'd rather sleep." Kristen replied, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I override that suggestion because it's Christmas and we need to be doing Christmas things." Rob argued, getting up from the marble ground.

"Sleeping on Christmas is a normal thing." Kristen fought, groaning when she felt Rob pull on her arm to get her up.

"Yeah, for loners." Rob laughed, finally being able to get Kristen to stand, followed by Nora and Chandler.

"Ok then, Mr. Holiday, what do we do then?" Kristen crossed her arms, testing Rob's patience.

"Breakfast." Chandler butted in, his stomach growling loud enough for everyone to hear.

"I'll cook." Rob announced, telling everyone else to get dressed and ready for the day.

He quickly whipped up some peppermint waffles as well as some coffee. He was quite proud of them if he does say so himself.

It's also safe to say that everyone else loved his food creation as well. They cleared their plates in record time, even having seconds.

"When are we opening presents?" Kristen asked, washing the dishes as everyone else set up a board game they were planning on playing.

"After this game." Rob quickly replied, beckoning Kristen over with his free hand while the other one was dealing out fake money.

"Y'all are childish you know that?" Kristen laughed, sitting down in between Chandler and Rob.

"It's not childish to want to play a simple board game." Chandler commented, handing Kristen her share of the fake money.

"The box says four and up." Kristen held up the top of the container that game came in to make her point.

"Then it should be simple enough for you to play." Rob joked, teasing Kristen.