Chapter 9: Skate With Me

Third POV
NY, NYC

"I thought you said you can ice skate!" Kristen shouted towards the wobbly man across the rink, who wasn't even on the ice yet.

"I didn't want to ruin your fun! So, I lied." Rob shouted, embarrassment evident in his voice. Nora skillfully skated with grace around the rink, stopping when she reached where Rob was.

"Here, take my hand." The grey eye girl told him, "I won't let you fall." She reassured.

"That's gonna be hard...." Kristen mumbled to herself.

Rob hesitantly took Nora's hand and carefully stepped onto the slippery surface. He automatically felt the way his feet threatened to move in every direction and he didn't know how to control it.

His grip on Nora's hand tightened. Nora noticed this, giving him a gentle squeeze.

"Look, I'll pull you along the ice so you get the feel of it, then I'll let go."

She didn't give him a chance to answer before she slowly skated ahead, dragging Rob behind her. It probably looked really silly, but all Rob could care about in the moment was not falling or slipping.

Kristen skated along side them, holding back her chuckles at the way Rob panicked with every move.

"Here, give me his other hand." Kristen said to the both of them. Rob quickly let go of one of Nora's hands, giving it to Kristen. That simple task had him almost slipping backwards. The two sisters glided him along the frozen water in continuous circles, stopping every once in awhile to rest.

"Ok, now that you know how it feels to move along the ice, we have to take it one step further." Nora spoke while adjusting her fluffy gloves. The indoor skating rink protected them from the cold of outside, but the temperatures inside are still fairly freezing.

"You gotta try it by yourself." Kristen continued, holding back a chuckle when a look of disbelief painted Rob's face.

"I can barely move while you two are pulling me, what do you think's gonna happen when I try myself?" The man squeaked.

Nora and Kristen just looked at each other, having silent conversation with one another. Their sister bond is so strong that words aren't needed to express their opinions to each other.

"Simple. If you fall, get up." Nora stated, looking at the man with a amused stare.

Kristen punched Nora's arm gently, "No, don't listen to her. Try your best ok? We'll be here if you need it."

In that moment, Rob could see the difference between the two girl's personalities. Both of their words gave Rob some confidence, but Kristen's seemed to give him more than Nora's.

He nodded, straightening his beanie and his scarf, looking ahead at the semi-empty space ahead of him. There weren't many people on the ice at the moment, which reduces the changes of him hurting others with his clumsiness.

He moved one foot then the other, feeling the way the ice brought him forward. He made it a few feet before his balance failed him, causing him to topple over.

Kristen's first instinct was to go and help him, but Nora held her back.

"He needs to learn by himself. He can't avoid the falls forever." Nora whispered to her sister sternly. Kristen reluctantly nodded, turning her attention back to the struggling man.

Kristen is that type of person who can't bear watching others struggle without her being able to help. She wishes she could guide everyone, but then they won't learn by themselves.