S1 | E9 : Walls

Jimin stared blankly to nowhere, head swarmed with thoughts when it was already past midnight. He's still at the police station with Jeongguk, and they decided to have a thirty-minute break.

With Jeongguk not bothering to take a break and keeping on working (due to his heartbreak, Jimin supposes), Jimin decided to just use his time wisely and think.

Now, he's starting to regret that he didn't follow Jeongguk and just worked as well. His mind is clouded by Chaeyoung — besides the fact that she and Lalisa aren't done with their little hang-out together, he begins to rethink his girlfriend's feelings for Jeongguk.

You see, Jimin has been aware of Chaeyoung's feelings for Jeongguk from the start. He started to pursue her in hopes that maybe — she'd genuinely like him back. He was in complete euphoria when she agreed to date him, however, he was still paranoid about the fact that Chaeyoung might still have feelings for Jeongguk.

He's a good cop, the best at detecting lies in Busan, but somehow, he becomes uncertain and foolish when it comes to her. He doesn't know that Chaeyoung had already moved on years ago. He doesn't know that Chaeyoung truly loves him because his fear of her leaving him blinds him.

Just then, his phone lit up — Chaeyoung was calling him. He cleared his throat and answered the phone. Before he could even speak up, Chaeyoung already beat him to it.

"I'm home! You're still not here, I brought some food," she tells him.

"Thank you, babe. I won't be able to come home 'til 2 AM; be sure to——"

"Lock the doors, check the CCTV cameras and suspicious behaviour, and check any possible hazards, yes, I've got it memorized, babe." Chaeyoung giggled. "Are you busy?" she asks him.

"Not at all, I'm taking a break," Jimin says, leaning on his chair as he glances at Jeongguk. Before, Jeongguk would look at him whenever he overhears that he was talking to Chaeyoung, but now, the younger doesn't seem to care at all. "How's your day?"

"Wonderful!" Chaeyoung beamed. "Lalisa is so nice and fun to be with. Though she may be sarcastic at times, she's still funny, too."

"What did you two do together?" Jimin asks.

"Oh, we went shopping. She has exquisite taste. We can be besties, I'm telling you! No, not besties — soulmates!" Chaeyoung says enthusiastically. Jimin could clearly tell that she had the time of her life with Lalisa. "And then we dyed our hair and had a mani-pedi. Everything was so relaxing."

"If that's the case," Jimin teased, "can I have a little hang out with the boys as well?"

Chaeyoung began to groan from the other line. "With whom?" she asks immediately, tone suddenly getting serious. "Remember the last hangout you went to? You were so drunk and you kept on barfing everywhere. You got sick as well so you didn't get to go to work. I don't want that to happen to you again, so please be careful."

This is . . . concern, right? Not annoyance? Jimin began to question, starting to feel small. "Alright, I was just kidding." Jimin chuckled.

"You can hang out with the boys, but don't drink," Chaeyoung tells him. "If you wanna drink, then drink at one of your houses or right here. I'll just sleep over at Jeongguk's place."

"Why Guk's place?" Jimin immediately asked.

"Cause Lalisa's there. Jeongguk is invited to your little hangout, right? So he won't be home, and I can get Lalisa all to myself!" Chaeyoung laughs.

Jimin felt like she was telling the truth and that she didn't have any motive other than to hang out with Lalisa, which she surprisingly got along with. Albeit this fact, Jimin couldn't still help but feel a bit . . . paranoid. He never confronted Chaeyoung about her feelings for Jeongguk before.