Chapter 37: Untitled

[CQL Production Office, Shanghai]

[Soobin P.O.V.]

LHK treated us as our spontaneous efforts for his relationship was successful. I think we were gonna gain fat getting treated by so many sweet people. We were having dinner and enjoying ourselves while Zanjin was slowly zoning out. Shijie asked him about it, but he tried to act normal.

I walked to him.

"What makes you worried?" I put my hand on his shoulder, "Is it because LHK got his girl and you're still single?"

He smiled, "You think?"

"I don't," I whispered, "But the others might."

"Sit here," he pulled a chair for me, "I'll tell you what I'm worried about."

I sat down, "My ears are wide open."

"I seached for people who lost their puppies in Shanghai and found quite a number of them. But none of them owns the puppy I got," he said with a worried look.

"What if the puppy was abandoned and so she left it with you?" I asked.

"That surely has a possibility," he replied, "But what if that's not what happened for real? It may also happen that the owner really lost it and now she's worried sick."

I nodded my head, "I'm sorry, I didn't think it that way."

"It's okay," he replied.

"I promised to help you. I'll see through some social media sites tonight," I said, "Please send me a photo of the puppy."

"Thank you so much," he smiled.

"You're not welcome....." I paused.

He raised his eyebrows.

"...unless you enjoy the dinner properly," I smiled like a kid.

[Third Person P.O.V.]

Yu Bin suddenly woke up at 4:30 a.m. hearing the sound of someone walking outside his room. Zhuocheng's room is next to his. So he thought it was him.

"A-cheng, is that you?" He called out loud.

But there was no reply.

He opened the door, but there was no one. He stood outside the door for a few minutes thinking if someone needed help. But he heard no further sound of footsteps.

He went to bed again, covered himself in his blanket and fell asleep until the sound of footsteps woke him up again.

He could also hear the sound water falling. He thought the sound was coming from his bathroom, but he found all the water taps closed there. He realised that the sound of the water drops was made outside his room.

Suddenly the noise stopped. He opened the door in a rush and came outside. He turned on the flashlight of his phone and saw a shadow rushing quickly towards the other side of the dorm. His phone dropped from his hand. He picked up quickly and found the shadow nowhere.